Teenage Girl

Welcome to the world we live in,

Where when a woman wears a tank top our society shakes their heads and say No,

To a world where when you look at a woman you either think, Wow she's pretty, or her waist is too big, 

But when you're a teenage girl it's the worst,

You're constantly told what you can and cannot do with your body,

When you walk past your parents, No that dress is too short, No you should show a little more skin, that's too tight, that is too baggy, did you eat, you should work out more.

Then there is school, No showing your shoulders, too tight, not tight enough, has to go past your knees, pull that shirt down, cover up. 

Then there is society, No shoulders, too tight, too baggy, too much skin, not enough skin, small waist, big hips, big chest, plump lips, big eyes, clear skin, small stomach, perfect nails, blonde hair, blue eyes, hair not too short, no sports, eww that's for boys, you should get good grades, the boys will only like you if your clueless and dumb, you could never be a lawyer be a teacher instead,blue is a boy color where pink and purple, you should dress down you know your only doing it for the boys, Dress up a little bit you want to get the boys attention.

As society says, " You should sit there and look pretty-" But that is not what I am here for, I am here to make a change in our world. You don't get to tell me what I can and cannot do with my body. I am the smartest, kindest, person I know and if you can't accept the fact that I want to be me and do what I like to do, rather than just being some pink barbie doll that gets to be played with, then you can just pack your stuff and get out of my life! 

I have my own say and if you would care to listen then maybe you'd understand, that I am not a product to be used whenever you feel like it just to be thrown away in the end, or to be in and out of your life like I am some type of personal transportation. I am a woman and I am as powerful as a man and I have just as much say, It is not my fault that schools can't just teach the boys some manners and that it is rude to stare, it is not my fault for being looked at differently, and it is most definitely not my fault for wanting to be who I truly am. 

So please by all means go follow the beauty standards of society, but I refuse to be told what I can and cannot do with my body. The only way for this to change is to make a difference so please share this and please get the word out because we aren't just yet quite viewed the same ladies.