9

I sat in the waiting room waiting on Apryl and this lil girl to show up I had made it 15 minutes before my time because I was a nervous wreck. I asked Hassan ass to come with me and he was busy making moves. Geonni was at work so she couldn't make it. I didn't want nobody else to come. So I just said fuck it and showed up by myself.

My leg bounced up and down as the clocked ticked. The door opened and I'm walked Apryl. She was holding the little girls hand as she had her head down looking at her iPad. I couldn't really see her face because her curls were covering it.

"Hey Dave." Apryl spoke nervously. She looked at the girl."Kairi. Say hey to Dave."

The little girl looked up pushing her hair out of her face. Our eyes met and I knew right then that she was indeed my kid. She looked exactly like me when I was a kid.

"Hey Dave." Her soft voice spoke.

"Hey" I smiled. She took a seat besides me kicking her little feet. My heart was beating fast as hell and I didn't know what else to say..

"Brewster & Lewis." The lady called us back. We walked back into the room. The lady stabbed our mouth and told us what to expect.

"Do you maybe wanna go to lunch?" I asked nervously

"Sure. We'll trail you."

"Cool, red lobster?"

"Yes that's fine." She smiled grabbing Kairi's hand.

I nodded making my way out the building and into my truck. My phone ranged I looked to see Geonni calling.

I answered. "Wassup lit bit?" I pulled out onto the street making my way onto the highway.

"C-can you come get me?" I could tell she had been crying.

I frowned my face up. "What's wrong lit bit?"

"They suspended me. A resident said I was inappropriate with them and they have to investigate."

"The fuck. Can you call Genesis I'm bout to meet up with Apryl."

I did she's not in town. Don't worry about it. I'll take the bus." She hung up the phone. I sighed. If I hadn't already made plans then I wouldn't hesitate to pick her up.

Pulling up at red lobster I got out and waited for Apryl and Kairi.

Kairi walked up to me smiling. I opened the door for them and we went get seated. After ordering I made small talk with Kairi

"When's your birthday? "

"May 23. When is yours?"

"July 30th. I'm a Leo. I love the color blue what is your favorite."

"I like purple and green."

"Cool, what's your favorite food?"

"That's easy pizza with extra cheese." She smiled.

I like pizza too." I looked over her facial features and smiled. She did look like me.

I asked her a few more questions until our food came. We ate and laughed at stuff Kairi talked about.

I paid for our food and got Apryls number so I could call Kairi later and talk to her.

I pulled up to Geonnis apartment and made my way to her floor. Getting to the door I knocked and waited. I knew somebody was there because I heard the TV on in the front room. I picked up my phone to call Geonni.

My face scrunched up when I heard it go off on the other side of the door.  I started beating on the door knowing she heard me. Still no answer. I nodded walking away.