2 - Inside The Fire

Nucifera Residences, Winnen City.

The morning sun was shining bright but not scorching. Beam of light entered through the window inside of a house. Warmness spread around the house, enveloping the plants in the corner and a crib inside the room.

A young woman had just finished folding baby clothes. He moved to the left corner of the room. A stroller is placed there. He grabbed the stroller and pushed it toward the crib. He took the baby in the pink dress, rocked it for a while then put the baby in the stroller.

The young woman walked while pushing the stroller out of the room. He opened the door and walked across the grassy lawn. All the houses there have no gates. So, she directly walked on the gray paved road outside.

Nucifera Residences is a residential area on the shores of the Argenti Ocean. From the houses, people can see the blue sea and La Luna Beach's white sand. The houses here have the same architecture, stunning and refined exterior facade in warm and soft colors.

Outside the house, there was a road that two cars could pass. On the inner side of the road, near housing, there are palm trees lined up. On the other side, there are low rock walls to ward off strong winds.

By now, it seemed that all the residents had gone to work at their places. The young woman saw no car in many garages. The young woman is now walking on an empty road, enjoying the clean morning air and the smell of the salty sea.

The baby in the stroller was also very quiet. Since then, it had fallen asleep. Occasionally, it's moving its tongue and tiny lips, opening its eyes a little, then falling asleep again, so cute.

The young woman left a sigh. Her black uniform contrasted with the light of the day. It was as if she was the only shadow in that place. The only person who had a story she didn't want to tell anyone. After all, it was just a gloomy story that she can't forget.

Sometimes she felt homesick for the world she once lived in, longs to fight for justice, but sadly, all of that has now gone too far. There was no more room for her there. Everyone there probably already hated her, wanted her dead, or....

She stopped under one of the big trees and pushed the stroller aside. She sat on a flat rock, enjoying the breeze as she closed her eyes. A moment later, the baby in the stroller was crying. Calmly, the young woman stepped closer, picking up the bottle of milk she had prepared. The young woman swiftly mixed warm and cold water, put in a spoonful of powdered milk, then shook the bottle.

This baby she was caring for was a non-fussy baby. She was so glad the baby was so easily soothed, likewise at this time. The baby just cried because it was thirsty. After its thirst was quenched, it directly feeling sleepy and soon fell asleep again.

The young woman has finished patting the baby on the back and making the baby burp. She cradled it gently. The baby's cheeks were still red from the sun, and the baby looked so comfortable in the warmth.

The young woman let a bright smile escape her lips. Maybe this is the best life that she could have. Her master's family was a happy family and she almost wished she could have a family as harmonious as Hudson and Melinda Pines. Loving husband, patient wife. It seems like heaven came down to earth and incarnated in this family.

It's like a beautiful dream. A dream that seems hard to come true.

The young woman never imagined she would be able to feel this kind of simple happiness. She can exist to this day. This is a miracle that she herself is hard to believe. The gulf between life and death was terrifying. She never imagined she could escape from there. Although, for many, her demise was the best ending. One sacrificial lamb was meaningless. She's just too stupid to realize that.

Several years ago, she remembered, she was still naive and didn't understand much in this world. In her head there were only the principles of justice and selflessness. That she must defend the weak from evil.

Who would have thought, what she was defended, or what she called justice or justice officer, turned out to be the lawless law. There is no principle that the strong defends the weak. There is only the strong in power. There is only using all means to survive. This is truly a cruel reality.

At that time, she was very confused. Her face was plastered everywhere as a fugitive. She wanted to go to the quarters but was afraid that people would immediately arrest her. In the end, she returned to his apartment. At that moment, suddenly there was an explosion.

In the middle of fire, she fought desperately to stay alive. She still did not know why everyone is after her or why they exploded this building. Is she that dangerous?

There are people said that she was a killer who joined a terrorist network. The others said that she is a maniac and a diehard fan who idolizes a killer named Dante.

She never understood why people were accusing and hunting her like this. At that time, she just thought, she must live to prove her innocence.

Amidst the puffs of smoke and fire, she moved hardly, trying to find a way to move out. It was then, a man came to her. The man had black hair with tan skin. The end of the cloak is slightly charred. His boots moved between the cracked floors. When he saw the young woman, a slight smile appeared on his lips.

"Here you are," said the man.

The young woman turned and saw a handsome face in front of her. That good looking face had filled her dreams for the night. When on duty, she always carried the man's photo in her purse. The photo is her strength when facing various difficult missions.

Unfortunately, right now, she didn't know whether the man would defend her. She was hoping, of course. But seeing the gun in the man's hand indeed confirmed something else.

The man held the gun warily. His expression was firm and stiff. When his gaze met hers, he immediately raised the gun in his hand.

The young woman hesitated. She's only hope was for this man to believe her. She had loved this man for so long and was already thinking of becoming his wife. After all, they would soon be engaged. She didn't want the man she loved the most to think she was a bad person.

"Arden! Please! Listen to me! I was slandered! Trust me! I'm not Dante! You know that, right?"

The young woman pleaded, trying to explain desperately. She really wanted this man to believe. She wanted this man to keep the gun, take her hand, and took her out. After that, they will together find out who is the real mastermind behind the incident. Arden had to believe her!

But all she got was a sneaky glint in Arden's eyes as the gun went off. There was a cold glint in Arden's eyes. He fired his gun without hesitation, as if he had intended to do this from the start.

Bang!

"I warned you," he said coldly, "Do only what needs to be done. Don't dig too deep. Unfortunately ... "

Bang!

The gun exploded again. Sparks from the gun shot through the air, Sparks from the gun shot through the air, instantly hitting the young woman without mercy.

The young woman felt pain in the stomach and a metallic heat burned in her chest. She fell heavily to the floor. Her vision became blurry. All the scenery around her grew darker. In a short of time, her breath was getting thinner. She was gasping painfully. Her hand on her bloody stomach. For a moment she wanted to die quickly because this very hurting her, but death never came. At other times, she still wants to live and hopes to be able to live life like yesterday. Smiling and working cheerfully with her fellow agents.

She was breathing heavily, struggling to move, tugging at the end of Arden's cloak. However, the man hissed furiously, pulling hard at the end of the cloak to release her grip. When the young woman tried to get closer again, he kicked the young woman without hesitation.

"Don't worry. I will make a proper funeral for you. After all, we were almost engaged," Arden smiled so beautifully. He put in his gun, looked at the young woman one more time then heaved a sigh of relief.

"Goodbye, My Love," said Arden, "This is so miserable. I'm sorry I had to let you go."

Before the young woman lost consciousness, she only saw Arden running through the fire, leaving her alone.