3 - Rainy Days.

A cold wind was blowing from north, slicing the mini-lakes generated by the rain in twain; the water fell from the sky at a steady pace giving an odd sense of serenity that couldn't quite be marked to anything in particular for the people who decided to watch from their windows; and the marvelous, almost indescribable view from the school's rooftop which was amplified by the falling water certainly added to the pure wonder of it.

It reminded me quite well of that day with Ichinose when I found her out in the rain: lost and confused, desperate and hopeless, wishing for consolation from someone who would never respond to her while looking at the skies above.

Ichinose, at least during that time, truly looked like she was at her weakest and most vulnerable, and if it wasn't for the fact I had appeared to help her: I suspect she and her classmates would be in a much different and arguably worse scenario then they are in right now.

But even then, I could slightly understand why she'd come out to see the rain as a form of consolation for her failures.

Rain, or at least the sounds of it, was calming, with it producing feelings which just couldn't be achieved without it appearing.

Sadness, melancholy, pain, peace, serenity, joy: almost all of these emotions could be produced by just sitting out during a rainy day and listening to the sounds of it, and could be enhanced if one were to close their eyes during it.

And this was the activity I was trying to take part it right now: closing my eyes atop the schools rooftop, letting the sounds of the rain wash over me like a tidal wave and put me to sleep with its sweet lullaby.

The gentle pitter-patter, the zephyr-like winds passing me by, the cooling atmosphere which erupted from my body several goosebumps that had begun leaving their mark present...

I was, in all sense of the word, as peaceful as one could possibly be.

But nothing could last for ever, and peace for me was definitely one of them.

Because as usual, someone just had to intrude upon me as I heard the door open with a loud creak; forcing me to open my eyes and turn to the left of me to see a white-haired girl emerge from the steps, immediately recognizing who it was.

"Kiryuuin? What are you doing here?" Turning to look in my direction, Kiryuuin appeared to have a surprised expression on her face as the door closed behind her.

"I should be asking the same question to you-" Kiryuuin paused as she went and sat down next to me, "so, what brings you here?"