chapter 3

I've been up for hours editing my video. The girls have been watching Netflix movies with my mom since after dinner. Since my practice didn't end til six, we walked in and my mom's home made lasagna and garlic bread was the smeel of the room. I noticed caesar salad and I smiled. Always gotta get that vegetable in and my mom knew what I liked. And since I came home from a four and a half hour practice with only one 10 minute break, which I was filming my video, I was starved. Especially since I've only had an apple today. So I scarfed down 2 plates of food and stopped myself before getting 3rds. After that I went upstairs to begin editing my video. And now it's 1:30 am. I've been editing and perfecting and watching and repeating since I went up stairs after dinner. I wasn't sure if it was going to be funny enough for YouTube, but I hoped it would. I saved the video on my computer and as I did my phone vibrated.
Jc:Heyy. u awake?
Me: Yeah. Just finished editing my video for tomorrow.
Jc: What's in your video?
I laughed. No one will get that information from me.
Me: Youll see tomorrow(;
Jc: Cmonnn???
Me: As convincing as that sounds... no.
Jc: lol ok. So what's up?
Me: nothing now. tired n cnt sleep
Jc: same here. so i texted u
Me: oh wow.
I don't even know why he flirts with me. I mean I would hop on top of that man anytime, it's just I don't understand why he chose me to flirt with. There are so many other girls, much more beautiful than I am, that want him... Maybe that's it... I'm not the only one he flirts with. He must be one of those flirter types.
Jc: Soo how was practice?
Me: Time consuming and sweaty lol XD
Jc: This is why people like ur vids. You're naturally funny.
Me: ehhhhhhhh. :/ (:
I then heard two giggly girls come up the stairs. I automatically knew it was Ry and Olivia. They walked in my door giggling, "What are you two laughing about?"
Olivia responded, "We watched a video of you when you were 3 before coming up here."
I immediately got stiff, "Which video, exactly?"
Rylan spoke up, "In the bathtub... Singing your little made up duck song like a superstar and then you jump up, showing all your tiny goods and then fall and bump your head on the tub. At that point you started screaming and the video cuts off."
I told my dad to burn that video a long time ago. How'd my mom get it? *bzzz...bzzz.*
Rylan then grabbed my phone, "What's this?"
Olivia looked over her shoulder, "From Jc. 'Don't doubt your self beautiful. You'll have all the YouTubers hearts in no time.'"
Awww.
Rylan then says in her mocking vice, " Looks like some one has a crush on you."
"No. It's called flirting and I'm sure he has other girls he flirts with to."
"Mhhmm. Whatever makes you feel better at night."
That's when I noticed she was typing something on my phone, "What are you doing?"
I grabbed my phone, but I was too late.
Me: Do I have your heart Jc? I immediately texted before he replied.
Me: Sorry bout that. My friend Rylan got a hold of my phone.
After a couple minutes he finally replied.
Jc: Oh.. I see.. lol
*Jc's Point of View*
Haylee: Do I have your heart Jc? I sort of smiled. Apparently like an idiot according to Connor, "Are you texting Haylee?"
"Yeah, why?"
"You're smiling like an idiot."
I laughed and was about to type 'yea sorta' when my phone vibrated again.
Haylee: Sorry bout that. My friend Rylan got a hold of my phone.
When I was starting to think she wanted to flirt back, it wasn't even her. Am I ever gonna have her be mine?
*Back to Haylee's POV*
Me: Well Hey imma try n go to sleep. Night(:
Jc: Goodnight.
Rylan then started giving one of girl speeches, "Girl. You need to flirt back! Maybe he is texting other girls and flirting with them, but you're never gonna know til you flirt back and give him something to work with. If he's flirting with other girls, he will keep on saying the same stuff. If he is only in to you, then he'll prolly come on even stronger."
"Well I'm not flirting through texting. I'm not have a text slash internet boyfriend or anything in that nature. I want to meet a person in real life and decide what I want from there."
Olivia added in, "That's logical and I get where you're coming from, but you have to listen to Rylan. She knows what she's talking about."
Well of course she does. She's been dating since preschool. I think it's ridiculous she even counts boys from then, but she does.
"Well I'm not flirting back with, purposely, until VidCon."
Rylan the gave up, "I guess I will have to deal with that. Can we watch your video?"
I smiled and showed them.
When it got to me on the soccer field I whispered into the camera, "Get ready for some pranks."
I switched out the bag of balls with a bag of recycables. Then I put whip cream in somebodies shoe. Then I convinced one of the girls on the team that I was her daughter from the future. Some of the girls on my team aren't that bright. Then I did some dancing around the field behind people without them knowing. then I did my last prank. I fake a really serious injury and said I don't think I'd be back for the rest of the season and everyone was starting to get up set when I hopped up and said I was all better! The next part of the video showed off my actual soccer skills and then it showed how many times I got yell ed at by my coach. about 30 times give or take.
After we watched the video we laughed and then we went to bed.
----
It was 12 again when I woke up. I didn't bother rushing or waking up the girls. I grabbed my phone and went down the stairs. My mom is always gone by this time so I don't worry about being quiet. I went to the fridge to get the milk out for cereal and noticed a note from my mom.
Haylee,
I wont be home til 11 or later tonight. Long day ahead of me. You'll have to make your own dinner. Unlees you go out or order. Left $30 in my sock drawer for you. Love you.
Mom
Cool. Just the girls and I all day. I decided to make breakfeast. I began cooking eggs, sausage, bacon and biscuits. and at about 12: 30 I had everything cooked. I went up the stairs and in to my room and yelled, "FOOD DOWNSTAIRS! GRAB IT LIKE IT'S THE ONE THING YOU NEED TO SURVIVE!"
I then ran back down the stairs and made my plate and went to the dining table. I got on my phone to wait on them.
Jc: Goodmorning.
Me: Goodmorning.
I could get used to this.
____________________________________________________________