Prologue

A/N: This book will contain the following: blood, graphic descriptions of death, and  spoilers for Book 1 + lore of the Mimic. I really do recommend you go play the first book(+ Witch Trials if you can) before reading this. 

"A BORED Eldtrich god once created four beasts. They rampaged across the earth, Control, Jealousy, Rage, and Rebirth. For ten days they raged against their gilded cage, and for ten nights he fought against our people's plight. The earth shook and the oceans burned, as he fought for weeks his back unturned. He overcame these creatures and escaped unhurt, and sealed these monsters all around our earth. Control was sent to the east, where she was trapped in a cage, unable to feast. Jealousy was sent to the bottom of the sea, part of a forgotten legacy. Rage was trapped in his strongest cage, seething with wrath and counting her days. Finally, Rebirth was forced deep into the Earth, endlessly watching the world in reverse." 

But he lost in the end. The great samurai, Kusunoki Masashige, fell into the witch's claws, the same hands that vanquished the beasts threaded the puppet strings that would forever bind his descendants to the curse. 

Each one fell, one after another. From insanity, loss, grief, and desire, to yearning for love each and every one of them lost the battle, leaving their souls hanging in the witch's web. 

But how so? The wicked witch should have been trapped, grounded by a thousand chains.

It was a little girl, surprisingly. An innocent, naive, beautiful little with black hair and a pink hat, a red ribbon tied around the accessory named Hiachi who had no idea what she had done or was going to do.

The witch ran rampant once more. She cursed the samurai's descendants; his own pretty little porcelain daughter, the little girl in the white, floral dress, her "insane" mother, a sculptor, and a town carved from wood. A fisherman and his two daughters, a servant and her foster child. She carved beasts from her own flesh and planted them as sentinels in the Chamber of Lost Souls. 

For centuries, no one stood up to stop her, for no one knew, so no one could. 

A/N: Yeah this is unfinished. Was mostly gonna be lore and stuff. Just go read the wiki, man