Help Me - Part 2

Warnings: Fluff, language, mention of sex trafficking, mention of drugging

You opened your eyes to a dimly lit room you didn't recognize. Holding your breath as you scanned the room slowly, trying to remember what the fuck had happened. You weren't in a hospital. You definitely weren't in your room, or any bedroom on the Cut for that matter. The ceilings were high, the bed way larger and softer than your own. Your eyes made way to the chair beside you. You jumped slightly at the sight of someone sitting there but quickly realized it was Rafe.

He leaned back in the chair, gripping a pillow as he snored lightly. "What the fu-ahh!" You hissed as you tried to sit up, falling back down as a searing pain ripped through your core. "Fuck!"

Rafe heard you and woke up immediately. He was instantly by your side. "Y/N, you're up!" His voice was almost child like.

"Where am I Rafe?" You ask as you put pressure on the pain in your side.

"Tanneyhill," He responded. "My house."

"What? Why? What's going on?"

"Just rest for a second. Let me get you some water." He says, taking a glass from the bed side table and going to the bathroom sink to fill it.

You sit up slightly, leaning back against the pillow. You were starting to feel more pain running through the rest of your body. You ran your fingers over your face and traced the stitches that wrapped around your right temple. You pressed lightly on your cheek and winced as you felt the bruising there.

"Here," Rafe said, handing you the glass of water.

"Thanks," You say before chugging as much water as you possibly could, not realizing how thirsty you were.

Rafe stared at you intently. There was a sadness in his eyes. Pain, like just looking at you caused him physical ailment.

"I'm guessing my dad did this to me?" You ask softly, more of a statement than a question.

You could see a tear fall from Rafe's eye but he quickly tried to wipe it away as he nodded his response.

"I'm so sorry, Y/N..." Rafe's voice cracked.

"It's not your fault my dad's a dick, Rafe."

"I'm sorry I wasn't there for you. I'm sorry for how I treated you the last few days. I'm sorry for what happened with JJ. You didn't deserve the way I treated you and neither did he. You're the only person who has ever really cared and that scared me and I-"

"Rafe," You cut him off. You offer a slight chuckle. "It's okay. I forgive you."

"You do?" He sniffled, looking up to meet your eyes.

"Yeah, I do. People make mistakes. And, I'm not sure what exactly happened but it's obvious you've helped me considering I woke up in your house to you sleeping beside me."

Rafe smiled, relief washing over his face. You reached out and took his hand, rubbing your thumb over his knuckles.

"You're a good guy, Rafe. I've been able to see that since the beginning."

"I don't know about that," He chuckles. "But I do know I'd do anything for you."

You smiled softly up at him. His blue eyes glistened behind his remaining tears. Strands of his messy hair fell in his face. He was quite literally the most beautiful thing you'd ever seen.

You caught yourself staring and quickly changed the subject. "So, uhm, where's my brother?"

"He went to take care of some things." Rafe said, his demeanor changed with his sentence.