Chapter II: Beautiful in the Night

Arthur slowly awoke with just a small tear drop glistening his eyes under the moonlight that entered his room from the open window.

He felt like he was stuck in that dream for an eternity but it seemed to be the middle of night still.

When did he drift off? He couldn't remember.

Staring at the full moon.

He felt alone. He wanted to see her.

He didn't feel tired but neither energetic. Going back to bed felt like too much right now.

Arthur planned to stay in his dorm until Elijah's snoring told him otherwise.

Heading outside he went on a walk. Forgetting a jacket on his way out he could only be glad it was a warmer night of the year.

He had no real destination in mind. He just walked mindlessly.

Sylvie still stayed fast asleep on his bed back at the dorm.

She should be able to know about any of his thoughts, especially the negative ones. Times flashing back to whenever he had a hard night Sylvie was always awake with him.

In the back of his mind he wondered why she didn't wake.

He didn't try to read too much into it. Assuming Sylvie was just embracing her laziness more.

Arthur has always enjoyed nighttime. He liked the quiet. He liked to be able to think.

He walked subconsciously, letting thoughts run through his mind. It wasn't long until he found himself where he wanted to be.

He stood in front of Tess's dorm. He wanted to go get her. He wanted to talk to her about his dream.

Tell her how much it terrified him.

Why couldn't he take that last step. He knew she would be there for him.

She wants to be there for him.

Well she has been pretty much his entire life. Without even knowing she has already helped him so much.

Ever since he met her in those woods all those years ago she has been a part of his life.

It was the middle of the night. Arthur couldn't wake her up, even if she would get up for him.

Closing his eyes, flashes of his dream faced him. He wanted to go back to bed. He was tired now.

The adrenaline wore off and his eyes felt droopy but something wanted him to stay awake.

The cold breeze of the night. A full moon made the night sky a little brighter just enough to see.

It was a starry night but many constellations stayed dim with nighttime clouds overhead.

Fall asleep and the thoughts can go away.

Fall asleep and the nightmares come back.

Arthur felt the presence of a silver haired elven princess behind him. He turned around to be face to face with Tess.

"I wanted to scare you" Tess pouted in defeat after being discovered.

"How did you know I was out here?"

Tess looked at Arthur like he was dumb. She pointed to her bracelet on her wrist.

It was a present Arthur gave Tess for her birthday last year.

With it Tess could feel Arthur's mana more, she could tell if he was fighting, hurt, and where he was.

Tess forgot about Arthur's bracelet as well. She felt a little dumb after trying to use all her concealing magic to hide her presence.