Alea Triscan

AN- Alea's backstory is my own AU so it may not align with real time story details.

Six years ago; before Alea was chosen as a Lance.

Alea made her way through the depths of a dungeon alone.

It was a very weak dungeon that a C rank adventurer would have no problem making their way through.

Alea was just down here to try out some new spells she was working on. In reality she wasn't even supposed to be down here elf and all with no adventurer license.

How else could she get strong though?

She couldn't lose anyone else she didn't want to. She wasn't strong enough to protect her parents.

She would be strong enough to protect her brother. She wanted to make sure of it. He deserved to live a happy life.

The weight of her own failure is what she had to live with every day. Her reason to keep going was only the hope of her brother being happy.

He was too young to really remember his mom and dad. Alea felt horrible about that.

The dungeon stretched out a long way connecting into different tunnels. It was a very dark damp area, with the sense that anything could pounce and attack you at any moment.

It wasn't long until Alea heard a weird noise coming down the tunnel. She got closer to recognize it as something groaning in pain.

When she finally met sight with the voice she was face to face with a boy her age.

He had gashes in his leg that were deep. There was no way he could walk on his own let alone stand.

She wondered what he was doing down here all alone but the same could be said for her.

"Are you alright?" Alea asked, coming off friendly. Lowering herself to the ground next to him she already started going through her bag looking for some bandages to stop the blood flow.

"Not very" the boy responded weakly.

Alea offered the best smile she could as she showed him the bandages offering to wrap his leg.

She always tried to smile no matter how hard it got. If she smiled now he would feel better. If she got all worried and scared he would be worried and scared as well.

Small things like this are why she can help her little brother so much.

Alea tried her best to give him a mother role in his life. Even if she wanted to act I mature like everyone else her age she never had the choice too. If she wasn't the one taking care of things it wouldn't happen.

She was alone, alone to take care of her brother.

In this same situation a boy around her age infront of her and she can think nothing more of what was going to happen after this.

She wanted to help him and she did so why did she feel so cold inside.

Like she was doing no real good for him. Maybe someone better would have come to help him.

Nothing makes her better than anyone else.

She helped the boy to his feet as he walked with her slung over his shoulder.

It wasn't too long before they found themselves at the dungeon entrance. Alea didn't pry too much into him knowing he probably didn't want to talk about it.

She was just glad he was okay.

She needed to trust herself more, somewhere back in her mind she still thought he was gonna die because of her somehow.

Maybe she didn't tighten the bandage enough and he was going to bleed out.

Or they could have been ambushed by monsters and he could have been attacked while they distracted her.

She wasn't strong yet. She is lucky they got out safe.

"Are you an elf?" The boy finally spoke up after they made it outside.

"Yes I am, is there a problem with it?" Alea questioned that she never hated humans but she always despised those who looked down on other races as inferior.

"No no no, I just never saw an elf before so I was curious that's all"

Alea just gave him another warm smile as genuine as she could make it. He seemed like he was nice, she was glad she helped him.

"Thank you for saving me. I was wondering what's your name?"

"Alea"

"How about you?"