Steve: Part 1

Alright guys, this part is in Steve's point of view. It starts in the interrogation with Sir Copper and then jumps to where Fred left off with the story.

******************************************************************************

"Are you actually going to tell me something relevant to the case?" Sir Copper asked the curly-haired youth as he walked back into the interrogation room. Fred had given him nothing useful and the kid's arrogance had grated on his nerves. He didn't think this kid, Steve could be any worse.

"I take it Fred over-explained things you didn't care about?" Steve asked with a grin before leaning back in his chair.

"It took three hours for him just to get to lunch time," Sir Copper said as he walked around the desk to turn and face him. He had seen Steve before, when they had gotten brought in, but Sir Copper hadn't paid much attention, he had been too busy reading the paperwork and dealing with his supervisors.

Now, however, he took in the bow tie and dress shirt with a bit of surprise. He looked like a good kid, and his record hadn't shown much that would raise a red flag—a few detentions for insubordination, but that was normal. He was friends with Fred, though. That in and of itself was more than enough to make Sir Copper not want to trust him.

"Fred isn't exactly the best at telling stories. Or talking to people in general," Steve mused. "But three hours is impressive, even for him."

"I don't feel like chatting," Sir Copper said, knowing that he had to get this case under control, and fast. "So how about you just start explaining your part of the story, alright?"

Steve shrugged and nodded, as if being arrested and interrogated was not at all out of the ordinary. "If that's what you want, sir."

"It is."

******************************************************************************

After I left Fred, I dropped my books off at my locker and headed to the cafeteria. Just before I stepped foot in there, the normal wall of smells and noises hit me. It got about five times louder than it had been in the hall, but there were so many conversations going on at once, that I couldn't even pick one out. It was all just gibberish.

The smells, on the other hand, I could find out what those were from. The delectable aroma of pizza wafted around me, making my stomach growl even though I knew the school's pizza was not good at best.

Although lunch had been going on for close to ten minutes, there was still a line for food. I weaved my way through to the front of the line. A few of my peers had some choice words for me, but most were used to my cutting. When I reached the front, I grabbed a tray and slid down to where the pizza was.

"Well hello there, Steve. i was beginning to think you were skipping lunch," Lunch Lady 1 said with a smile. She liked me.

"I wouldn't dream of missing out on such a gourmet meal, ma'am," I said with a sweet smile.

She laughed. "Still the charmer, I see," she said. "Now here's your pizza. Off you go."

"Yes ma'am. Thank you!"

"Milk?" Lunch Lady 2 asked, straight-faced. She wasn't as friendly as the other lunch ladies, but I was still determined to charm her.

"Yes please, ma'am," I said with my special Angel Face. That had gotten me out of trouble many times, and almost always gotten me my way.

"Card, please," she said simply as she handed me my milk.

"Here you go," I said, trying to hide the disappointment. My Angel Face had as much of an effect as a normal type attack has on a ghost Pokemon—so none at all. When she handed my student ID back, I went out into the cafeteria and to the far corner table where I always sat.