Chapter Three ~ The Hidden Library

(A/N) We got 50 reads!! Thank you all so much!! <33

Hu Tao coughed as she sat up. She could feel the cold wooden planks below her. She smelled a very odd, yet sweet smell. She placed her hand on the floor, and to her surprise, feeling soft pink flower petals piled around her. Hu Tao looked up, but her vision was blurry and fuzzy.

She remembered waking up to the sound of her door collapsing. Hu Tao stood up, taking in the sight around here.

How did all of these flowers get here?

Suddenly, she felt as though this had happened before. She couldn't remember when or where, but it all seemed so familiar.

"What's wrong with me?" she whispered.

Hu Tao stepped outside. The sky was back to its predictable shade of blue. The blue reminded her of Yanfei's eyes.

Everything came rushing back at once. Hu Tao had admitted her feelings. Yanfei had...

Never mind that. Hu Tao was certain of one thing- she had heard her door shut while she was asleep. Taking a deep breath, she checked her surroundings, but nobody was there. All she found was a strange bouquet of silk flowers.

Hu Tao brought the flowers inside and placed them inside of a small glass vase. Suddenly, she began coughing until a petal, identical to the ones she just found, escaped her mouth.

She needed to know what was wrong with her.

Yanfei couldn't stop thinking about Hu Tao if she tried. It was so childish of her- to just leave her friend unconscious there. During her long work day, she was wondering how she can make it up to her.

Yanfei sighed and stared down, not noticing as a familiar face walked up to where she was standing.

"Hello," the light blue-haired girl said softly.

"Hu Tao?" Yanfei started as she looked up. "Oh... greetings, Ganyu," she said, trying to hide her disappointment that it wasn't Hu Tao.

Ganyu had a puzzled expression. "Is everything alright?" she asked Yanfei. Yanfei nodded. Nothing was fine.

"If there's anything you require, I can-"  "It's fine."
Ganyu was part of the Liyue Qixing. She was the proper person to seek help from, but everything felt like it should stay between Hu Tao and her.

Yanfei knew the only thing she needed was a way to help Hu Tao- and fast.

The Next Day

The sun set and rose once more, but Hu Tao's health did not improve. The mysterious flowers were still appearing. Hu Tao had taken the day off work to recover, and would have to return the day after.

A knock was heard from the makeshift door Hu Tao put together with her remaining energy. "Come in," Hu Tao yawned, recognizing Yanfei's special knock.

"Hehe, sorry about the door," Yanfei apologized awkwardly. "I wanted to check on you. I came by earlier..."

Hu Tao realized that Yanfei was the one who had woken her up.

"Oh..." Hu Tao whispered. "I don't know what's happening to me," she said, her voice breaking. Yanfei walked over to her and hugged her.

"If I'm correct, you've been coughing flowers, right?" Hu Tao nodded.

"I've heard of something similar in a story... I'll find out what we can do," Yanfei promised, smiling.
Hu Tao smiled back, hopeful that everything would be okay and grateful that her confession had not been brought up.

Hu Tao coughed once more. Yanfei stared down at her with concern. "What on earth could have caused this?" the adeptus muttered. Hu Tao shrugged.

"We ought to ask around before we start choosing my coffin," Hu Tao said. "Somebody has to know."