14 - sᴘᴇᴄɪᴀʟ ɴɪɢʜᴛ ⚠︎︎

~•~

Your eyes perk up at the sudden chime of your phone. Grabbing it with excitement, you smile at Bokuto's message.

——
How's my pretty girl doing! ''

I'm doing great! Hby?? •́•̀

Same here!
Are you ready for tonight? :0

——

You smack yourself with the pillow full of excitement at the thought of your date with Bokuto.

"OF COURSE IM READY!!" You scream into your pillow.

Kuroo couldn't help but let out a smile as he watched you fan girl behind the half closed door. It's so obvious to him and everyone else that you and Bokuto should date already. Neither of you had popped the big question yet and everyone is tired of waiting.

"What..? He's on his wAY!!???" You gasp and drop your phone, looking around your room and down at your clothes. "IM NOT EVEN READY YET??!" Hopping out of bed you rush over to your closet and try to find something to wear on this special occasion.

Your brother chuckles on the other side and walks away, leaving you alone to handle this mess.

"What to wear. What to wear. This is our fourth date and I don't know what to wear! Crap, there has to be something to wear..." you mumble to yourself.

Yes, it's been three dates already with Bokuto. The first one was when you helped Bokuto study for an exam. The second one he took you to watch a movie you've been longing to see for the longest. And he so happened to buy an extra ticket for you. Third date, you two went to the library. He knew how much you've enjoyed quiet places and he thought that it would be best to take you there. It gave you the chance to buy manga you've been wanting and after that, you and Bokuto played board games.

Each day you've spent with the owl head, he noticed you opened up to him a lot more. It didn't have to be personal things about you but yourself in general. You didn't stutter as much as you used to when talking to him. You're okay with him holding your hand and often times, you'd be the first to hold it rather than him.

You aren't as scared of crowds as before. And he's proud that you've been talking a lot more with him and with new people. He's seen you come so far and he'll blush just thinking about it.

As you throw clothes onto the floor, your eyes caught a black dress hanging beside your mirror. You stand up to grab it and hold it up getting a better view at it.

"It's the dress Kotaro bought for me that one time!" You remembered. The day you were skipping school with your brother and Bokuto. When you tried on a dress and Bokuto suggested that you should buy it since you might need it one day.

Your heart swells at the memory. "I don't know where we're going tonight...but maybe dressing up wouldn't hurt?" You've also boosted a bit of confidence thanks to Bokuto.

He would often give you random compliments. You could be eating a burger and Bokuto would stare at you. Then he'll blurt out, "I like your nose." And proceed to eat his food. You would blankly stare at him.

Even though you're insecure about everything of yourself, he would reassure you by giving you random compliments.

You look at yourself in your reflection as you tried on the dress. Humming in thought you look for a jacket to cover your shoulders and arms. That's when the doorbell ringing snapped you out of your thoughts.