Scars On My Broken Heart

What ever happen to the times when I smiled uncontrollably?

When my grin never faulted - ever.

'Cause I had them; my warriors, my confidence, my truth.

Now, my happiness has fallen out of line, it's been covered by my tears of depression.

I don't know where my heart went after being stolen by the desolation that is loneliness.

But I lost sight of what kept me sane in this sick dark world, lost the direction to my love - which was the only thing holding me in place.

I sit among the people that used to make me smile at all times, to where I as if death would be sprung onto me they would continue their day as if it was any other.

It's happened before but it has not Ever been this painful to the shatter streaks left on my heart.

And yet again left another. Scratch.

Which grew to Physical ones.

Sometimes I can't tell which ones are from them, and a Shard of glass taken from an antique Mirror.

sadly it catches up to you eventually.

It walks up to you and taps you on the shoulder

It is curiosity.

curiosity towards the fact of what its like to actually make a choice when your mind recklessly stares out of the death forsaken window.

There's only ever two options and I've always picked the same one, and sometimes I wonder what it would be like to pick the other choice.

To just stare out the window and do something.

And that's all I can say now.

And it maybe all I ever say I'm just glad to write it.

- N.Y. Windheart