chapter 1

This story is by Emily Kilburn

It was four thirty in the evening, I just got home from school. I unlocked the door to my house and called out,"hello?!" no answer. I tried again,"Mom, dad?" again no answer. But this time I saw something, something like a shadowy figure. Then I heard it. It was the sound of a knife falling on the ground. The door opens."We're home!" Good it was mom and dad.

"Hey can I go to Alex's house?"

"Sure.", they both said at the same time with a nervous laugh. Weird I thought.

Alex's house is so fun. He is the same age as me ,13, he has two sisters they are twins. they are six years old and there names are Emily and Sydney. He also has an older sister, Trinity she is sixteen. Last but not least Julissa Alex's mom. It is always a circus in there. You have the twins dressing up as lions and clowns; the television blasting. And finally Julissa and Trinity always making chicken for some reason. But when I got there it was completely silent. except for the muffled screams that sounded like the monsters under my bed.

I follow the muffled screams up the stairs. Louder.  Louder.  Louder. I reach a closet. Open the door and there they are, five people with all  white eyes all tied up together. Demons. They have been possessed. But they weren't that scary. They were scared.

"Who did this to you guys?!"

"Only mom saw who did this."Alex said in a shivering voice.I turned to Julissa,

"I don't remember." Just then, my mom rings the doorbell.When she did that, they all became normal people again. But just to my luck, she rings the doorbell a second time. They all become demons again.

I run to the door, open the door and say,

"Mom, can you ring the doorbell again"

"Why"

"Oh no reason"

"If it's for no reason then I won't do it" 

She was so stubborn at the time. But I go outside and I ring the doorbell anyways and the weird thing was that she rang the doorbell a second time. Like she knew what I was trying to do.