Chapter 9 (Part 1)- The party shopping

"That was fun." I said. Okay, it's not what I expected, but alright, it's actually fun.

"Told you so," she smiled cheekily and I punched her arm lightly.

"So where to next miss know-it-all?"

"Okay, here's the plan. I've just received a call from Marcus saying that he will be holding a party tomorrow!" She squealed, clapping her hands like a seal.

"That...was not what I had in mind..." I frowned. I thought she will say "Guess what Aubrey? We'll be staying at home sleeping the whole entire day off because of today!" But seriously, she's not that type of girl who says that.

"Whatever, you should come!" She said, grabbing both of my hands and squeezing it. She stared at me with those puppy eyes look that I can't help but to give in.

"Fiiiine." I groaned. She squealed as the bus pulled up next to the stop. We hopped in and sat somewhere in the middle. We chatted about the place, the food and the community here. It seems nice.

~

Two last step, one last step, I said in my mind, climbing the stairs. Ugh, lift management? Oh please! Does it have to land on the most exhausting day?

Anyhow, when we finally reached our floor, I managed to sprint to our door and burst the door opened. Then I dramatically dropped down and kissed the floor.

"God damn, finally home." I sighed happily. Emerald rolled her eyes as she closed the door behind her.

"Dude, I've walked miles away, and I didn't feel pain." She said. I chuckled.

"Sorry, I'm just so lazy!"

She plopped herself on the nearby chair and gazed somewhere.

"Have you been thinking about the dress you'll be wearing tomorrow?" She said.

"Nah, I don't really care to be honest." I said. Seriously, I hardly go to parties back in America, "Emerald, can I tell you one thing?"

"Good or bad?" She said.

"Partly bad."

"Fine." She sighed.

"Idon'thaveanydressestowear." I said quickly. I'm so dead, one because I don't go to parties, two because I just hate dresses.

"Pardon me?" She said. I sighed. Alright, time to spit out the truth.

"I

Don't

Have

Any

Dresses

To

Wear." I said slowly, spacing out each word, "Do I need to spell it out for you?" I said amusedly as her face turned from confused to something else.

"You WHAT?!" She yelled, "How could you say that!"

"What do you want me to say? Oh I have millions of dresses to wear and I can't choose any of them because they are all too good?" I said sarcastically. She rolled her eyes.

"Remind me first thing to do tomorrow; shopping." She said sternly.

"But-"

"No buts. We have to buy you a dress. This party is important!" She said, emphasizing the last word.

"This party is important," I mimicked her, "oh no! Time is rushing!"

"Aubrey, you are just way too sarcastic to believe." She laughed and threw a couch pillow on my face.