Chapter 11- The sudden storm

Aubrey's POV

I woke up, startled by the sound of a crack. Then the vision flashed black in a second before a rumble of lightning echoes around the room. I jumped off the bed, walked towards the window, wondering what's the weather outside. I aside the curtain a bit and peeked behind it, then to my horror, it's actually hailing outside. I saw drops of hails went crashing down to the window. It's almost the size of a golf ball and it's about to shatter the window any seconds!

Yep, I'm right. The hails shoot some more, cracking the window. By then, I saw one last one, a big one, big enough to shatter the window. It did. The window cracks fell on the floor, letting the wind howled inside coldly. I stepped back and hugged myself as a warm protection of the cold wind. I rushed towards Emerald and shook her violently.

"Emerald! Wake up! Hurry, we need to get out of here!" I shrieked, shook her body some more. Emerald quickly cracked her eyes opened and looked at me as if I'm crazy.

"What time is it?" She groaned.

"Em, I don't give a shit about it now, let's get out of here before we're history!" I screamed. She widely woke up and sat up. She looked to her left and saw the shattered window and she started shrieking.

"Fuck! Quickly grab your jacket and get out of here!" She said. I nodded and we both went to our wardrobe to grab our warm jackets. In ease, we dashed towards the door, opened it and closed it. We wore our jackets and saw many people began to panic outside their rooms, scared or shocked. A group of firemen rushed towards a few people around us.

"Quickly everyone! Follow us before you all get hurt!" One fireman said.

We quickly rushed down the stairs and skipped the lift. The lift probably broke after the cut electricity maybe? Anyways as we ran down the stairs, we turned left and gathered towards this big hall, crowded by people in their pyjamas. A few little kids howled and screamed while their mothers tried to calm them down, while then, I saw a few people on the other corner, crowding a few elders. They probably fainted because of the sudden storm.

I realized I was clutching my iPhone all the time, probably I was cluctching them the whole time, when I was sleeping. I shakily texted Gabby and Bella if they're okay.

Aubrey: Are you guys okay? ;o

Scared thoughts rushed inside my head. What if they're hurt? What if they're really injured, or what if...they're dead? Nah, it couldn't be that bad...could it? My phone vibrated and I received a new text from them.

Gabby: Yeah, we're okay. We're with other people, saved. How about you?

Aubrey: Same here, along with Emerald. The window in our room shattered because of the hails and now we're evacuated to stay here with other people.

Gabby: Oh, I got a short notice that we're not allowed to use phone connection. Gotta go, and good luck!

Aubrey: Oh, you too!

I pressed enter, but then I received a short notice as well.

Phone: No signal. Please try again later.

Great, now the hails are attacking the signal too? Come on! I grumbled in frustration and turned to look at Emerald. She's no longer standing, but sitting down crossed legs, chewing on something. I sat down next to her, crossed legs.

"Why aren't you panicking?" I said, narrowing my eyes at her.

"Panicking isn't a good thing for health." She said.

"Why's that?"

"Well, it's because you'll get heart attack, See those oldies there? Yeah, that's what you'll get if you panic as well." She explained, still chewing.