Chapter 3 - The Masked Man

Opening Song

      "If you weren't there, your brother would be dead. And Why does every time you're in trouble, he always needs to save you? When will you learn to defend yourself?" Antonita said angrily. "When will you stop hating me?" She didn't answer. "I have no time to fight with you..." I added. "Is that so?" She rolls her eyes and stood up. My brother woke up and I immediately approached him. I almost cried because of what happened to him. I hugged him so tightly like there was no tomorrow. "Whoa, I'm still here." He just laugh it off. "I know, but I'm just worried about you. I've once lost a family member, so don't be included." Antonita approached and looks annoyed. "Ugh...You're so dramatic." I look at her. "Can you just go away?" She left and sat in the chair in the corner. Before I could speak, Antonita said something, "Maybe the man who poisoned you was just jealous, so he might had a bad intentions because you're a prince." Bernard nodded. "It may be so, but why would he do that? And who is he?" That's the question. Maybe Father knew about what was going on. "Maybe he knows about the mysterious thing I saw in my room." Antonita quickly looked at me, curious. "What mysterious thing?" She asked. "It's a circle that shines and it's blue. I think there's something inside it." She gasps. "A portal!" Wait, what? What is that??...Maybe she knows about it! I might be able to know something about that and I will also know how to save the other wolves in our village. "Yes. A Portal is something that can be used to teleport to different places or worlds." Wow... I wondered what if that masked man was from another world and he used the Portal to get to our world? That may be why Portal appeared in my room. Maybe when I wasn't there at that time, maybe my brother was in the hallway and that's when he attacked my brother! But I wasn't sure if that's what actually happened. "Do you think the masked man did that?" Bernard shook his head. "I don't know...We need to tell this to Aunt Angel."

We immediately went to Aunt Angel and informed her of everything we found out and what had happened. She was shocked, so she tried to use her power to put a light barrier over the whole town and the whole palace. We thanked her and she just nodded. Aunt Angel entered her room, but as we were leaving, Michelle surprised us. "Boo!" Michelle giggled. "Not funny." Antonita said. "Michelle, you should be sleeping at this time." Bernard's advice to Michelle. "I don't want to! I still want to play. Please, brother." Bernard facepalms. I secretly laugh. "You need to sleep-" Bernard's words were cut when Michelle pulled Antonita's dress. "M-Michelle!" I called. She did not listen. "Cousin Antonita, come on. Let's go play. Please." Antonita looked at her as she was about to leave. "No way! I'm sleepy. Let's just play tomorrow." Antonita walked away, but she forgot that Michelle was holding her skirt, so she accidentally pulled it too much and her skirt was torn. Yikes, half of her thigh is visible. "My skirt! Didn't I say that I don't want to play?! You're so stubborn! Look at my skirt! You torn it apart!" Michelle sniffs. She wiped away her tears. "I-I didn't mean to..." Bernard approaches Michelle and he gets angry with Antonita. I remembered the past and came back to my mind the fight between Father and Mother. I was scared that day and locked myself in the room. I covered my ears, but I could still hear Father hitting Mother. He slapped her in the face, but not so hard. Mother fell and her stomach hurt. Father forgot that Mother was pregnant with Michelle. Mother said she was going to give birth. Father realized that Mother's pregnancy was difficult, so he can't forgive himself for what happened. He does not know what to do. He panicked, but Mother calmed him down and held his hand. Soon, Mother gave birth. My brother and I saw that. What Father could not accept was... Mother could not bear the pregnancy and she died... My mind went back to the present when Michelle held my hand. I noticed that my tears were dripping from my left eye. I immediately wiped it away when I saw Michelle was worried about me. I smiled at her. "Ugh!! I hate you all!!" Antonita ran away. "Don't cry, Michelle. Your brother Bernard and I are just here for you." Michelle smiled. After that, Bernard took Michelle to her room. I went to my room and sat on the bed. I was stunned and think for a moment. Maybe I should just be happy for Michelle... Those who don't think too much. It's hard to pretend to be happy, but I'm here, sulking and thought the world is over. I'm tired of being like this... But I won't give up!

The door opened and I saw my brother. "Are you alright?" He asked. I forced myself to smile. "Yep, I'm good." He sat down next to me. He sighs. "I don't like when you lies...I am your brother and I know what is happening to you. Tell me, what's bothering you?" I took a deep breath and then, I sigh. I look at Bernard. "Am I really useless? Why does Father treat me like that every time I'm there for him? He doesn't seem happy..." Bernard put his hand in my shoulder and smiled at me sadly. "Aiden, that's not true. Father is just like that, but I know that he loves you dearly, whether you have power or not." I stood up and hugged Bernard. We were surprised when Portal suddenly appeared in my room and suddenly took me away from him.

"Ahhh!"

"Nooo! Aiden!"