CHAPTER 064

"It's better this way, Qamar," The Valide said rubbing my back. I turned to look down at the harem from her balcony and watched as Hatice Sultan left the palace with my and Hürrem's children with her.

"I know, it's safer for them" I whispered sadly. Murad looked up at the balcony as he was being by Gülruh. He waved up at me with a small smile on his face. I waved back with a sad smile as my children were being taken away.

"You should have left with them" the valide turned around to face me. I watched the children walk away until the very last second. I turned to look at her when they were out of sight and sighed.

"I will never leave Suleiman, he lives, I live, he dies, I die" I whispered the last part making her eyes widen. I bowed to her and left before she could say or do anything. I walked back down the golden road to Suleiman's room. I was shocked to find Mahidevran standing beside his bed, she hasn't visited him ever since he fell into a coma.

"What are you doing here?" I asked walking over to the other side. I leaned against the railing and glared at her smirking face.

"Visiting his majesty, I didn't know I needed your permission" her words came out sarcastically and laced with poison.

"I never said that. I was just wondering since you haven't been anywhere near the room ever since Suleiman fell ill " I shrugged my shoulder. My eyes trailed from hers and toward Suleiman, sleeping peacefully and unaware of what was going on around him.

"If I were you I would follow my children and run away" my head snapped back up and my glare hardened.

"What do you mean?" I asked. I tightened my grip on the railing wanting nothing but to reach to the other side of the bed and beat her till she dropped dead.

"I mean it's pretty obvious what will happen soon, Suleiman will die eventually either now or later and it looks like it will happen now" her words made my heart hurt, how dare she assume the unknown. She looked down at Suleiman with a look on her face that showed how she enjoyed his moment of weakness. I never knew how much of a snake she truly was.

"Watch what you're saying, Mahidevran" I hissed angrily. She looked up at me and her smirk widened even more.

"Why? I am soon going to be the Valide Sultan. Then I will kill you but not before I make you watch as your children die in front of your eyes one after the other and I'll make sure they will suffer" she turned around and walked out of the room leaving her poison seeping through my head. I couldn't help the sob that left my lips but I immediately covered my mouth ti or even anymore from coming out. I didn't want her to hear the effect her words had on me.

"Wake up soon, Suleiman, and save us from this woman and her greed" I whispered to my husband. I reached down and picked up his limp hand and kissed his knuckles.

"I love you my sultan" I placed his hand back down. I turned around with a new mission on my mind. I walked out of the Sultan's room ignoring Bali Bey who bowed to me at the doors. I made my way back to the harem and to my room.

"Sultanim" Mal jumped up with a soft smile on her face. I signaled for her to leave the room which she did silently noticing the mood I was in. I walked over to my bed and kneeled down in front of it.

I placed my hands on the mattress and took a deep breath to encourage myself. I pushed off the blankets on the bed before picking up the mattress with whatever strength I had. A hidden box came into view hidden under the mattress. I kept the mattress up with one arm and used the other to pull out the box. I dropped the mattress and moved away from the bed. I hid the small box under my dress and turned around to look at myself in the mirror. I looked worn out. I looked exhausted. I looked like death.

"Why are we going, sultanim? I thought you said you wanted to stay by his majesty's side" Halil asked skeptically. I looked up at him as the carriage moved closer and closer to the destination on my mind.

"Trust me Halil, it's better this way" I whispered sadly. He nodded his head but did not question me further. When the carriage stopped he hopped out first and then helped me down in front of Hatice Sultan's palace. I would have rather died than stay under the same roof as Ibrahim but I had no choice for my children's sake.

I walked into the palace and found all the children sitting around the main room in Hatice's palace. I felt a lump in my throat as memories of us staying here when I got attacked flashed through my mind. The heartbreak I felt in this palace was unimaginable. Suleiman married Hürrem here. I found out that I lost my child here. Now my children were hiding here because of the greed of the woman who used to love their father.

"Mommy!" Rana Beyhan was the first to notice my presence. Hatice's head snapped in my direction at the words of the young six years old girl. Rana was the first to reach me and hugged me tightly. I kneeled down welcoming all of my children in my embrace.

"I'm glad you saw reason and chose to join us here," Hatice said when she reached the huddle of hugs. I pulled away from the children and stood up to face her. My eyes drifted behind her to Hürrem's children watching me interact with their siblings before I turned back to Hatice.

"Only for the night" I whispered so the children won't hear me. She sighed sadly but immediately put a fake smile on her face.

"Come on let's finish playing" she called and pulled the children away from me. I turned around and face Halil. He stepped closer to me and bowed.

"If we receive the news of Suleiman's death I want you to bring me a jar filled with juice and fourteen cups" I ordered. Halil looked confused at my order. I pulled out the box from under my dress and opened it to show him what was inside. Halil's eyes widened at the sight of the bottle filled with poison laying inside of it waiting to kill. He looked back at my eyes with tears in his eyes. His eyes trailed behind me to the children playing with each other and their aunt.

"I don't want to see a day where Mustafa is a sultan and a threat to any of those poor children, they don't deserve it

"I don't want to see a day where Mustafa is a sultan and a threat to any of those poor children, they don't deserve it. Thirteen cups for thirteen children and one cup for a grieving mother" I whispered. I closed the box again and hid it under my dress. I patted Halil's shoulder who reached up and wiped his eyes tear-free. I turned around when a fake smile plastered on my face to show my children that nothing was wrong when in fact there was nothing right and everything was going to hell.