chapter eleven: spring blooms/ the garden.

8

8.3k words: a summary of the chapter: as the reader and armin's daughter, elara, settles within the world, another sense of commotion lingers. though it's a commotion that slowly erupts, is it enough to lick upon the unhealed wounds they hold? Is it all enough to aid the hurt that wounds many hearts?

a synopsis of acts: fluff, the aftermath of childbirth, breastfeeding, baby crying, crying, anger, mental violence, undisclosed tension, unrequited love, talks to soothe the heart, bonding with your daughter, crying, neediness + many more acts. please, proceed with caution + vote and mind errors.

a/n: I'm sorry, but this chapter is very much needed. to act like they're a happy couple, that's resolved their issues, is crazy. like, the level of disrespect y/n has had to go through, to get to this stage of her life, it's only fair that Armin's at least exposed to that disrespect. so, now the roles are reversed.

also, there should be roughly four chapters of two am left. happy valentine's day. ;)

Peaceful months had finally stirred by, and you currently lingered in your room with your body currently enduring the process of just giving birth.

The process had rendered your body brittle, leaving you on bed rest as Armin remains beside you — baby Elara within his arms. He holds her with such love, coddling her scarcely awake self.

A soft smile covered his lips. He cautiously swayed her, observing the beautiful features she obtained. She solely looked as if she was his twin, but the same logic could be applied to you both.

Her light babbles engulf the room as her tiny hand barely shifts, but her attentiveness lingered upon Armin. Such a moment left tears welling in your eyes as Armin cared for her with such tender love. His eyes twinkled with such a fatherly aura; it left you with a heart that had shifted into putty.

Armin's such a good father to her, despite her presence only being a single day old — he thrived with the skin-to-skin contact. Contact that left him unable to fathom the beauty of fatherhood. And also, how he couldn't help but want to protect his little family.