Chapter Twenty-One: A Year

Today was Namjoon and Jin's one year anniversary, and Jin had promised to make every moment special for his boyfriend. He didn't expect Namjoon to wake up in littlespace, but he wasn't mad that he did. In fact, he had planned out the entire day twice; one plan for romance, and one plan for if Joon was little.

Fortunately, both Namjoon and Joonie's favorite breakfast was the same; pancakes. So Jin made the mixture before going into Joon's bedroom to wake him up. He lightly rubbed his hand over the boy's shoulder and spoke softly, "Baby, I made breakfast. Wake up." Joonie stretched and rubbed his eyes before looking over at his caregiver.

"Mowning, daddy." he said cutely. Jin smiled at him, realizing he was in littlespace.

"Happy anniversary, baby boy."

"Hehe, happy annivewsewy."

"You wanna go get pancakes, sweetie?"

"Dada cawwy." Joonie replied, reaching his arms out.

"Alright, baby." Jin chuckled, before lifting the boy out of bed and taking him to sit at the dining table. He walked back into the kitchen and began making the pancakes. "You want maple syrup?" he questioned.

"Yesh, pweaseee, dada." Soon Jin was done making it, so he walked over and put two plates down before sitting in front of Joonie. "T'ank youuuuu."

"Of course, pumpkin." Jin began eating, but soon noticed that the little hadn't and became confused. It was the boy's favorite, and he seemed so excited, so why wouldn't he eat it, right? "Baby boy, why aren't you eating anything? I thought you loved pancakes."

"My favowite, daddy." the boy replied.

"Then why aren't you eating it, hmm?"

"...daddy feed me..?" Joonie almost whispered, worried what Jin would say. The man simply smiled in response and moved to sit next to him.

"Of course, baby." he answered, taking Joonie's little knife and fork and cutting small pieces to feed to him. He placed his hand under the boy's chin gently and began helping him. Despite the caregiver's assistance, by the end of breakfast, Joonie had got maple syrup all over himself. "I think you're gonna need a bath, hmm, sweetie?" Jin spoke.

"Otay, dada." He took the little into the bathroom and helped him get washed up, then carrying him into his bedroom.

"What do you wanna wear, baby?" Namjoonie skipped over to his wardrobe, handing his caregiver some clothes and accessories he liked as Jin began to help him get dressed.

"You look so cute, baby." Jin complimented the boy, who blushed and smiled in return.

"T'ank you, dada. What we doin' nowwww?"

"I have a whole day of activities planned for us, baby boy."

"What fiwstttt?"

"That's a big surprise. You're gonna have to wait and see." the caregiver explained enthusiastically. Once they were both ready to go, they got in the car and set off for the first part of the day. Joonie couldn't tell where they were until he walked in and saw all the beautiful fish. He gasped excitedly.

"Daddy! Daddy! Ish a fishie!" he almost yelled in the sweetest little voice he could.

"Hehe, baby boy, remember what we talked about. You need to call me Jin in public, sweetie." Seokjin said softly. Joonie gave a slightly sad expression and looked down.

"Sowwy, Jinnie."

"Baby, you don't need to apologize. Remember I told you; I love being your daddy, and I wouldn't ever change that, but some people are big meanies, hmm? And we wouldn't want Joonie to get hurt, would we, honey?"

"No. No wan' Joonie get huwt." Jin wondered for a moment how he could make his baby feel better, before remembering the whole reason he brought him to the aquarium in the first place.

"Hey, Joonie, how about we go see the crabs?" he asked, knowing exactly what the answer would be. Another audible gasp came from the little before he spoke.

"They have cwabbies!? Jinnie, Joonie wanna see cwabbies! Pweaseeeeee!"

"Okay, okay, come on, baby." Jin took the boy's hand and showed him to where the crabs were. Joonie looked at them in amazement and awe, pressing his hands and face against the glass. It attracted attention, but Joonie didn't notice nor care. Jin didn't care for the attention either, but rather was concerned for his baby's hygiene. "Hey, Joonie, don't put your face on the glass, baby." he said, gently coaxing him away.

"Sowwy. Just wan' look at pwetty cwabbies."

"You can look, baby, just don't put your face on things, okay?"

"Otay, da- Jinnie." Joon replied. Jin couldn't lie that he was a little bit sad that the boy couldn't call him daddy in public. It was for his own good, but Jin loved being Joonie's caregiver, and the thought that he ever couldn't was the most painful thing to him; aside from losing Namjoon altogether, of course.

The boys continued looking at the animals for a few hours, Joon being mesmerized by everything he saw. They spent half that time just in the crabs section, but Jin didn't mind. He knew that would be the case.

For lunch time, he had planned to take Joonie to a cute little cafe he had found nearby. Upon their arrival, Joon ordered (or more like Jin ordered for him) a strawberry smoothie and some macaroni cheese, while Jin opted for some coffee and a sandwich with a side of salad. What neither of them anticipated was that Joon would slip out of littlespace halfway through their meal.

In fact, it seemed to happen almost instantly. One second, they were talking about how much Joonie loved the sea creatures they saw, and the next, Jin was being greeted by Namjoon. He didn't notice the boy had gone into bigspace since they were eating, until he offered Joon some crayons. Joon simply smiled and laughed lightly. "No. Thank you, Jin. I'm okay." he responded sweetly. Jin was shocked, but of course not upset. He loved big Joonie just as much as little Joonie.

"Sorry, I didn't realize you weren't in littlespace anymore." he laughed.

"It's alright. Happy anniversary, love." Joon replied, before continuing to eat his food as Jin did the same. They talked for a while, reminiscing on their first year together, thinking about the day they first met and began to fall in love with each other. "It's been a wild year." Joon said half-jokingly.

"That it has been. But I wouldn't go back and change a single thing about it." Jin agreed fondly.

"Me neither. It was perfect." Soon, lunch was over, and they spent the rest of the afternoon following Jin's other plan that was intended for bigspace Namjoon; a bike ride to the beach, reading the books that the man loved, and simply watching the sun go down together. They exchanged gifts that they had bought for each other; a beautiful watch that Namjoon knew his boyfriend would love, some of the books that Jin knew Joon had been dying to read, and some flowers, along with a ring.

Jin made Joon a gorgeous dinner which they enjoyed surrounded by pretty candles that Namjoon had promised not to knock over and set fire to the dorm with. And he figured now was a good time to give Jin the gift his little self wanted to get for him. "So, when I was little, I found something else I wanted to get for you, but I didn't give it to you earlier." he explained.

"I bought gifts for little you too." Jin replied, smiling.

"You did?"

"Of course." Both men went to get what they had bought for each other. Joon presented Jin with a cute Mario mug that said 'World's Best Daddy' on it, as well as some new Mario figures. Jin gushed over them, much to Joon's appreciation that he liked them. Jin then gave Namjoon some new stuffies; one of Ryan, one of a giraffe, and one of a crab. Joon could've squealed, almost slipping into littlespace as he clutched onto them and thanked Jin, but ultimately deciding he wanted to be big now.

Putting away their gifts and finishing dinner, they made their way to the bedroom to bring their romantic and intimate evening to perfection, before falling asleep in each other's arms as happy as ever. "I love you." Jin said before closing his eyes.

"I love you too."