Chapter 10: Knives and parties

A/N: This was going to have more plot than just the beginning, but I realized it's 4/04! It's Error Sans's birthday! Woooo! So, have a chapter with some special birthday fluff!

Enjoy!

The sensation of floating in the Between was familiar to Erratum at this point. They placed a hand over their ribs, seeing the sparks of blue against their hand. It was as though a severed wire was sparking within their chest. They turned their head up sharply as the Guardians descended upon them.

"Ah... always a pleasure to visit." Erratum spoke sheepishly as Karma swirled around them once more in a comforting spectral embrace. As much as the original conversion had brought them pain, they were able to appreciate the lack of burning their touches brought now.

"You, while intelligent and merciful, are also reckless and oblivious." Karma sighed out around them. Erratum had the decency to scrunch their shoulders up and hide half their face in their scarf. They were a little embarrassed to have this discussion.

"To be fair-"

"You stand before us after taking a fatal attack. There is nothing to make that less shameful." Fate remarked blandly at the other's attempt.

Erratum frowned as they tried to focus on the shapeless being. "It was a mistake on my part, I agree. I am doing my best and I am doing it alone." They reminded them with slight frustration.

"For now." Time spoke up, though made no move to further explain this. Erratum didn't like their cryptic behaviour; always being vague to keep future events a secret.

"Am I dead then?" Erratum questioned as they stuck their hand into the wound, noting the lack of pain.

"Please don't..." Hope had an audible cringe in their tone as they floated closer with Faith. The two beings tended to stay together. "You are not dead, but we'd like it if you didn't abuse the lack of dying."

"That is a fair request."

"Not our only one either!" Faith spoke up cheerfully as Karma moved aside to make way for the other two. Both Guardians circled near Erratum, momentarily giving them flashbacks before they disappeared back into their mind. "Your little... stunt... has inspired something within us!"

"To help with the balance of positivity and negativity, and for those unstable monsters. There will be more suffering from the effects of this high-level phenomenon and magic storms."

"Magic storms?" Erratum continued to float there as the two Guardians each placed a hand on either side of their face. There was a series of tingles, like a couple of hypodermic needles prickling up their mandible up to the greater wing of their sphenoid bone.

"The event you witnessed that other monster suffering from. That's what we've elected to call it due to the manifestations and effects of it." Faith explained as the two Guardians drifted away from them once they finished.

"Think of these new abilities like a birthday gift. It makes it sound more fun and less like heavy responsibilities." Karma remarked as they surrounded Erratum once again. The damaged god blinked once at this.

"Birthday?"

"Well, I don't know if I would call it that, truly. It is the day that you became what you are now, however." That made more sense.