eleven

"What do you like to do in your free time?" Alex asked the girl.

Coming up with creative ways to kill you to make it look like an accident "Sleep."

He scrunched his face "That seems Awfully boring."

She rolled her eyes, she couldn't get Alex to leave her alone. No matter how fast she tried to run or how much she tried to avoid him he would always pop up with his messy blonde hair and idiotic smile. She wasn't sure why he was always so optimistic about everything, even when there wasn't anything to be happy about.

"Do you like to play games?" he spoke again, reaching in his bag.

"Games? Like mind games?" she questioned, looking up from her worksheet.

"What, no!" he quickly said "I mean like board games."

"No."

"What about uno?"

"No."

"What about monopoly?"

"Still no."

"Have you ever played a game?"

She paused, considering telling him the truth "Yes, once."

"And did you like it?" He trailed on, setting down his bag.

"Only when I won."

"Naturally." Alex rolled his eyes, leaning his forearms on the table between them.

The girl nearly dropped her pencil "Was that just sarcasm?"

Alex smiled, interlocking both of his hands "I'm not just a goodie-two-shoes, there's more to me than what meets the eye you know."

She hummed though it was mocking "I'm sure of it."

The bell rang and they both got up "Words hurt." he clutched a hand over his heart.

She held open the door for a said for Alex, enough time where it would slam in his face but not enough time where it wouldn't hit him "That's why when I use them I make sure to use the cruelest, vile ones I can think of."

"I thought that's you don't use very many."

She glanced at him through the side of her eye "You really are a lost cause."

The girl heard him laugh lightly, right as they were about to walk into their next class he stopped her "What are you doing for Christmas?"

"Nothing."

"Well-."

"No." she interrupted him before he could even start.

He groaned causing the students walking past them to look at him "You didn't even let me finish."

"Because I already know where this is going." she looked at him pointedly. 

"You do, yeah?" he crossed his arms "And why is that."

"Because you're very predictably."

"Oh come on. It's just a small thing, Jack, Tom and I do every year, we watch movies, drink hot cocoa, it's fun."

"Absolutely not."

"Please," he pleaded, putting his hands together.

"No." She grabbed onto the straps of her backpack, she was starting to lose her patients.

"Please, look ill leave you alone for a week if you say yes, a whole week."

That caught her attention "Two weeks."