Chapter Twenty-Three.

"My mom and dad prepped everything for my transfer," Ji-min said. "They said to just go to Seoul. But I really didn't want to go there. I wouldn't have had any friends and I was afraid of the Seoul kids. I didn't know what to do... Then On-jo gave me a great idea." On-jo smiled. "She said I just had to cut school for five days. Then the principal can't write you a recommendation. So that's what I did." Ji-min paused. "It's all thanks to On-jo that I didn't have to transfer." On-jo smiled and held up a peace sign. "I should've just gone to Seoul," Ji-min went on. On-jo lowered her fingers. "Then none of this would have happened to me."

"People have always said," said Wu-jin, "my sister was an archery prodigy ever since she was little. So our parents only cared about trying to get my sister onto the national team. They've never paid attention to me at all."

"I'll give you all my attention, brother-in-law," Dae-su said. "Don't be sad. You have me." Wu-jin lightly pushed Dae-su back and Dae-su lay there.

"Thank God I have Dae-su," Wu-jin smiled. Hyo-ryung hit Dae-su's leg and he sat up.

"I don't really have something to say," Nam-ra said quietly as they looked at her. "I wouldn't really know... but I feel like I made friends." On-jo smiled at her. Cheong-san added a piece of wood to their fire and sighed.

"Me and... On-jo," Cheong-san began. He sighed again. "I just, well... I just want some water, really."

"Not stuff like that," Hyo-ryung teased. "Be completely honest."

"Go get a water bottle, moron," (Y/n) said. "If you're so thirsty."

"Be completely honest, do you like someone?" Dae-su smirked. They all stared at Cheong-san.

"Mhm," he hummed.

"You do? For real?" On-jo gasped. They stared at her.

"Yeah," Cheong-san said. 

"Why do you keep on stalling? Do you have a crush?" On-jo pressed.

"Uh, pretty much," Cheong-san answered.

"Pretty much? What does that mean? Who is she?" They stared at the pair, trying not to smile

"No one," Cheong-san said.

"Who is she?" On-jo pressed. "Do I know her?" Cheong-san stared at On-jo. "Who is it?"

"You," Cheong-san finally said. "It's you, On-jo. I like you." Grins were exchanged over Cheong-san finally admitting his feelings. On-jo stared before huffing out a disbelieving laugh.

"Hey. Stop that," she said. "He doesn't mean it. He's kidding." The others eyed her. "I mean, we were friends and neighbours since kindergarten, that's all." She turned and looked at Cheong-san. "Stop joking."

"I'm not joking," Cheong-san said seriously. "Ever since I was six years old, I've always liked you, On-jo. And I always will." On-jo's breathing picked up and she looked away.

"Awesome," Dae-su murmured. On-jo got up quickly and walked away. They awkwardly watched her go. Cheong-san looked down.

"Cheong-san," Su-hyeok called. Cheong-san glanced at him and Su-hyeok nodded his head at On-jo. Cheong-san nodded once in understanding and got up to walk over to On-jo.

"Did you know? I had no idea," Dae-su mumbled.

"You're the only one who didn't know," Hyo-ryung huffed.

"Everyone knew?"

"Yes."

"Why didn't I know?"

"I didn't, either," Wu-jin said.