The Last Resort

"We can't defend you any longer. Did you find a safe house?" The commissioner asked.

"Yeah, it's--" Jay starts.

"No, no, no. Don't tell me. No one can know but you. Listen, you two, if Nadakhan finds and marries Nya, he'll have infinite wishes. Protect her."

"I promise to. With my life," Jay said.

"I appreciate the macho sentiment, but am I remind you that I can look after my--"

"There isn't any time. Go, ninja. Go," we escape through a trap door to underground tunnels. 

"Time to get a boat," I said, and we ran to the Endless Sea. We loaded the boat quickly, and Jay started to row.

"Please let me or Y/n take a turn. If this is our way of traveling with low profile, the least we can do is row," Nya said.

"No, no. I won't hear of it. You saved me last time. This time, let me take care of you. Besides, a gentleman would never let a lady row," Nya and I looked at each other annoyed. "Oh, look, we're almost there," Jay said.

"The lighthouse where Zane's father was held, prisoner. Haven't been here for a while," Nya said.

"Yeah, let them search all of Ninjago. They'll never find us way out here. Whoa!" Nya uses her powers to propel us to the beach of it.

"You said I couldn't row. I'm not rowing," Nya said as I laughed and went in.

"Uh, actually, it's a nice little resort. Vacant for years, yet not a sign of dust," Jay said as he set the bag on the table, and Tai-D came out to clean up.

"Oh, I forgot Zane's father liked his toys. Let's see what kind of supplies we have," Nya said.

"Enough food for a week. Change of clothes. The vial of poison Nadakhan doesn't know we have. And finally, one teapot of traveler's tea. But only just in case all else fails," Jay said as Tai-D kept putting everything back into the bag, making me laugh.

"You wanna go over the plan again?" Nya asked.

"Okay. If Nadakhan shows up, we shoot him with the poison, then when he can't use his magic, I say my last wish to save Ninjago. A wish Lloyd told me is said from my heart, a heart that has no clue what it could be, but if said incorrectly, could likely make everything ten times worse," Jay said.

"You'll think of it. You always do. Let's get settled in. We could use the peace and quiet to think. All we can do now is hope the police can find Nadakhan before Nadakhan finds us," Nya said.

"Now I feel like I'm third-wheeling," I sighed. "Damn you, Lloyd," we start to talk about the wish the next day.

"Okay, here's a crazy one: what if you wish to resurrect the Devourer? Then we sick it on Nadakhan?" Nya asks.

"Oh hell no. I got swallowed by that thing, no way in hell am I doing that again."

"Can't wish to do harm, can't wish for more wishes. And you can't wish for...hehe, love. Which is how I got us into this mess. All due to just one little glimpse into the future showing us together. Our friends, gone. Our world, torn apart. Look at us. This is all my fault."

"Jay..." Nya said.

"I guess we really do end up together, just not how I'd envisioned it."

"I'm literally right here!" I said.

"Stop," Nya said.

"I know, I know. You don't want to hear it," Jay said.

"No, I mean stop talking. Did you hear that? I don't think we're alone," as we see Tai-D talking to someone, but they leave. "We're not the only ones here," Nya said.