Missing - Chapter 4

Because of the haste exit of season 6 the drop wasn't as stable as Xisuma thought. When He counted the hermits a few were missing. Everyone is devastated but shocked to see Grian with tiny wings and mumbo was covered in redstone dust. He did just shake it off but it was weird and didn't usually happen.

________________________________________________________________________________

Doc POV

I definitely screwed up. Ren didn't show up so he's either stuck in the drop or fell into another server. Either way if he sees me again he won't be happy. Why'd he have to not arrive with everyone else.

It seemed everyone's magic was dampened which me and Zizuma thought was a good sign. Cub was disgruntled from the lack off vex magic but he was obsessed with it so he got better after a few hours. Me and Grian gave each other a nod, which was us agreeing to stay in contact to make sure his wing problem doesn't get too bad.

I end up on a cliff plateau with Bdubs arguing over who get's which half of Grian's mansion. But that's fine. As long as the server doesn't experience any anomalies.

Grian POV

I feel that it's my fault Ren is missing. But Doc keeps telling me that it was his so we agreed to disagree. However, a new season new me. I decided when I found the jungle that I'd start as a hobbit. Mumbo and Iskall soon to join my trend, we become hobbit buddies. I'm keeping an eye on Mumbo due to him starting covered in redstone dust. It's like he just attracted it but that's absurd and would be magic. So that would only happen if there was a leak in the dropper or the barrier in this server was also fractured. So I'm keeping close observation of him still. As soon as a starter bases are completed I make a really inefficient messaging system, we only used it for naughts and crosses. At least I knew he was healthy and his cognitive functions were still good.

...

It's almost been a week and there is still no sign of any of the missing hermits. I keep messaging both X and Cub & Doc for any progress on it but there is still nothing. Non of them are showing any signs of life. Maybe they're dead... Please tell me that statement is wrong.

Mumbo POV

Over the course of a week I've been noticing Grian is distancing himself from the rest of the group in the jungle so I start Hermit challenges with Iskall. I get find a parrot while he has to mine out 10,000 blocks with his iron tools, which made me laugh until I couldn't actually find a parrot and had to name a chicken a parrot. He got so comedically frustrated at me for not completing the challenge. I do feel slightly bad. I didn't expect him to go through with it. But there you go.

I want to check on Grian but he seems to be in a builder zone of sorts. I mean look at his progress on his mansion. So I start my own mega build. I started by terraforming a flat area of land to place such a build.

Now that those hours of my life are gone I should really start the tower...

-----------------------------------------------------

RenDiggityDog has joined the server

-----------------------------------------------------

Ren POV

I've been falling for what seems like centuries amount of time. I hadn't been paying attention to myself but I didn't matter. Why did doc push me in here and not follow. He's the reason I'm falling alone. I do miss the hermits though. I wonder if they are trying to find me. It doesn't actually matter because I still have to enter the server. Talking about the sever I can see one I can reach with co-ordination and timing. I reach out and grasp the edge of the path that leads to the entrance.

oof

I feel my shoulder dislocate from the force of my fall however I feel a sense of comfort from not falling. I was lost in thought from the shock of gravity however i'm snapped back to reality when I feel myself loosening my grip of the path. No. No no no! My flight and fight kicks in and I switch hands; pulling myself up and collapsing into the entrance. I don't even get the chance to check if I'm whitelisted in this server.

-----------------------------------------------------

RenDiggityDog has joined the server

-----------------------------------------------------

I can feel myself fall into a body of water but I don't have the energy to swim to the server spawn and I'm quick to black out...

Stress POV

-----------------------------------------------------

RenDiggityDog has joined the server

-----------------------------------------------------

I was just in my starter base planning what I'm going to build this season when my communicator lights up with activity. Is Iskall spamming my contact again or is it someone else.

Picking it up I can see that everyone was asking if Ren was ok and that's when I see there message that Ren had joined the server. A sense of relief washes over me but also unease. Why isn't he responding to their worries. I glance around my room as if I was being watched before whisper messaging Xisuma to check where he is and if he is ok. He soon messages to the server chat room that Ren is just rowing to land off the spawn island using the boats we put on the island.

This calms the group chat and everyone soon goes back to what they're doing but then my communicator buzzes once again.

Mumbo: How long has he been on the ocean?

XisumaVoid: Give me a sec to check

XisumaVoid: uhm he hasn't touched land yet.

Stress: But that means he's swimming right?

XisumaVoid: No... He would have been swimming for ten minutes. He hasn't died yet but I think he could be drowning. Both of you could you locate him he is in xxxx xx xxxx part of the ocean going westward.

I quickly equip my elytra before flying to the co-ords and meeting mumbo for a glide and search rescue. The sea was clearer today than other days but we couldn't seem to find him so we called Xisuma and he did a scan search. In the end we found his communicator but not him adrift in the sea. This caused us to suspect he's dead but X assures us he is alive and well with a quick status report on the server. And it's a good thing he has Ren's communicator. This means that X can log Ren into the respawn list now.

This gives us comfort that he is now safer. However if Ren is being ignorantly smart then he'll try not to die even with injuries that he could get rid off when he'd respawn. But that's only because he can't assume we found his communicator.

Xisuma POV

I'm quick to tell them that I've done another scan search and he is on land and this allows them to calm down and leave. However the scan only shows where the communicator is so Ren is off the radar to a scan search and any other search could cause harm to him or be a physical go to every co-ordinate logically.

________________________________________________________________________________

Call it luck of the sea... Ren washed up onto an island still unconscious but alive. However with no communicator how will he know where he is or be able to call for help