She Skates Too

Denali's POV

So I just listed my drag name for the audition. Kahmora didn't list hers but promised to be there if I make it.

I don't have any theater background to brag about but I know I can sing and dance. I was informed that the play was going to be a musical and that just gave me the confidence boost.

I was just frustrated that I was not able to talk to the main lead, Rosé. Known her drag name from my classmates. Apparently, she's pretty popular around our school. Rosè or Ross is really cute, and I have to admit I was smitten at first sight when we met. Maybe one of the reasons I listed my name immediately after dance class.

"So I got info that Ms Rosé doesn't usually approach newbies." Kahmora exclaimed after gossiping with the old students on Rosé.

"I think she just needs to encourage those interested to join." I defended. I don't want to get my hopes up but she did call me a cutie. And I foolishly smile to myself whenever I think about it.

"Yeah, but not to all. At least from what I hear."

"Is she taken though?" I whispered to myself.

"What was that?" Kahmora's eyes just widened. (You know she is from the house of Hall. 😆)

"Nothing, anyway I don't want any distractions if I want to get in. And I want to make an impression."

"Well, you do have the talent for it, girl!"

"Thanks, girl! I need to get my skates, I heard there's an ice skating rink near the campus. I need to clear my mind."

"I would love to join you, but I still have a class. So you enjoy that me time."

I went to my dorm, grab my skates and changed to a skating outfit. It has been a while since I skated, and that was in Chicago. Luckily, I have a classmate who also skates and told me about the nearby rink.

"This is just what I need!" I said to myself as I started my car.

Drove not that far from our campus to a huge mall with an indoor ice skating rink. I was so excited. Skating gives me life and the adrenaline rush I need to get me through stressful days and whatnot. This day is not that stressful though, I just really missed skating!

As I sat on the bench to wear my skates, I noticed two figures already at the rink. One was in black undershirt and jeans while the other was chasing and beating him with a stick. It was quite a sight. The lady was wearing a cute blue and white leotard. I gasped when she turned to me and I saw her face.

It was Rosé, and in drag! Gosh, she's so beautiful with her blonde hair and spot-on make-up

It was Rosé, and in drag! Gosh, she's so beautiful with her blonde hair and spot-on make-up. So she skates too! She was laughing so hard though as the guy fell.

I laughed hard too. And I think she just saw me.

I hurriedly removed my skates and ran outside to the parking lot. I didn't want to look back. I just needed to go.

❄️ To be continued ❄️