5. Accepting

Normally... In a situation like this, I'd feel a lot more panicked and scared.

But sometimes... I can compromise. In this predicament... well. Instead of being afraid of the four Turtles in the other room, I think I'm more sympathetic and guilty.

Leonardo seemed to think I should be afraid of them, that they're monsters. And to be truthful if I had first glance with them and encountered them in the streets. Well. I'd probably see them as that. I know I'm timid, and I'm guilty as any other to judge on appearances... but that just comes with anxiousness. I normally base my idea of people, off of first encounters. You can read a lot on someone by how they greet you, or stand next to you, or speak.

I skipped the scared part with the... Turtles, because they saved my life.

My, idiotness caused me into trouble, and because of that, these... Suffered souls, trapped here forever unknowing if they'll ever be accepted by the outside world, now have had to deal with me. Bring me into their home, worry if I'm a threat to their safety, and even offer to help with my health. They barely know me, and I think about what their first thoughts were on me... on my appearance.

Why were they so quick to trust? They don't know me? I'm not their problem?

And yet, here I am. Alive after nearly drowning over a stupid book, but... possibly placed in a space of even more danger. They mentioned something about keeping in contact and my safety. I'm not stupid, I realize I've just burdened them. That their lives just got a little more difficult because I'm in it. So no Leonardo. I'm not afraid of you. I just... I just feel guilty. And sympathetic for causing more trouble.

So here I am stood, about to turn off the hot water from their... 'Makeshift shower' which wasn't much of a hose attached to a wall, with some kind of device?... I'm not sure, I'm guessing it's for heating the water. But either way. I am Thankful.

I turned off the water and dried myself off with the towel they had given me.

They're so friendly, and kind... I just. I don't understand. But I'll do my best to make it up to them. I can promise that. I will fix the mess I've caused... o-one way or another.

My body felt limp all of a sudden and my knees began to ache. I hadn't cut them deep when I fell over, just bloody scratches is all. I don't think they're much of a problem I just feel really weak.

An itch began to scratch at the back of my throat and I felt my stomach coming up. I held my stance leaning against the moisture soaked wall, trying to catch my breath as the room began to spin and my eyes twitch.

I wanted to yell out for help.

I felt puzzled

Scared

Sick.

But I refused.

I think I stood there for a few minutes until my mind finally started to slow down.

I won't lie I felt dreadful, like my insides hated me and every part ached. But I held back my tears and stood strong, swallowing back my sickness just so I could be less of a burden. I knew I had swallowed an awful lot of water, and I realize it was sewer water which is probably working wonders on my body.

I let out a small scared laugh as I wandered over to the pile of clothes I was given, swaying in my steps.

I picked up what seemed to be... a pile of boys clothes.

Not that I really mind, there was a white tee-shirt with a skull on the front, an oversized black hoodie and some... blue denim short shorts... I stared at the outfit for a moment, realizing I didn't have underwear or a bra. It was stupid of me to expect that much from them. So I shook off the faint blush of embarrassment that had crawled on my face and changed.