Chapter 2 - Jack

"You remember anything from last night?"-rich lady
Jacqueline wakes up to find herself in a well furnished flat with sunshine coming in through white curtains.
"I feel light-headed, what did you give me last night?"
"In case you didn't know you are addicted to drugs. You ran away from rehabilitation centre."- the woman says as she brings Jacqueline her breakfast.
Jacqueline feels intimidated and pressured because of the woman's presence. She wanted to ask her name but didn't have enough guts. She gulped her food like a hungry dog as she had been extremely hungry for days.
The woman stared intensely at the girl and said-
"Do you want to be better or nah?"
Jacqueline quickly replies
"Yes"
The woman then leaves the room. A maid with clothes in her hands comes in and asks Jaqueline to be well dressed and ready. Jaqueline does as instructed and soon enough the car from last night comes to pick her up. Soon this becomes her daily routine.
Jaqueline is dropped off at a rehab centre where she is disinfected and brought back to line. She quickly picks upon the pace and starts working on herself. She goes from being homeless to a well groomed and polite young woman.

"I insist you call me Jack, its a lot cooler. You can be Maddy instead of Madeline !"- Jacqueline
"Enough , behave yourself. Never the less I'm happy you made it out of rehab."- Madeline
"Why are you so nice to me ?"- Jack
The car keeps moving in silence. Jack is now home after three whole months and she has a lot of questions like
"Who's Madeline? Is she my mom? She seems too young to be one. Perhaps maybe my sister? But we don't look alike whatsoever. What are her motives? I'm sure she isn't helping me out of pity, she doesn't bring back home other homeless people"

Days turned into weeks and weeks into months, but Jack didn't find answers to any of the questions. Madeline would come visit Jack few times a week. Jaqueline was well fed but prohibited from going outside. This bored Jack and she was on verge of breaking the law.

One fine night Jack decided to sneak out of her room. Madeline had visited her earlier that same day which meant she won't be coming the next day to see Jack. Jack packed a bag of chips, some sunnies to hide her face and the keys to the house. She planned on coming back to the apartment right before the sunrise, so the maid wouldn't suspect any foul play.
In the midnight Jack slowly turns the door knob to go out without alarming anyone.
"Yes! I'm finally out! I can do whatever I wish"
Jack heads into unknown direction and stumbles upon a bar. She had a few euros in a pocket which she could use to buy a drink or two. She was already 20, so age wasn't an issue.
With eyes full of hope she enters the bar.
She hadn't seen these many people together since she was thrown in the market. She could feel music sync with her heartbeats, people dancing and rubbing against her. Jack makes her way to the counter and orders a vodka.
"'this is the best decision I've made in a while" Jack says to herself.
She enjoys herself among the crowd and loses track of time.
But thankfully it wasn't too late and Jack makes it home just before the maid brings in breakfast.

Jack quickly stuffs herself into the bed and tucks the blanket in. The maid suspiciously looked at Jack as she had lipstick smeared on her face and her eyes drained of energy. Soon Madeline is there to disturb Jack's breakfast.
"Where were you last night?"-the woman asks angrily
Before Jack could answer the doorbell rang again
Madeline looked puzzled as she couldn't figure who would've visited at this hour.
Madeline opens the door and to her surprise it's a tall good looking man.
Jack seemed to know the guy from the night earlier. Jack knew she was in big trouble now.