〆 Faking Mental Disorders for Clout

Through this chapter, we hope you understand the seriousness of the mentioned topic

══════════════════

○ Mental disorders are a sickness. They aren't meant to be faked. But for some reason, people think it's okay, since a bunch of things seems to be romanticized, from Paris to the mafia, and apparently mental illnesses aren't any different. The fact that people choose to do such a thing in the name of quirkiness or attention just makes things worse for those with the actual illness, because they may be grouped with those kinds of people, making help less available.

◍ Did you know that, in kids alone, 60% of them have some form of major depression, and only 20-30% of them get help as adults? Now that more people are faking these disorders, that means even fewer individuals are going to get help, meaning that mortality (death) rates from things like depression and anxiety are only going to increase.

○ The clout and attention that people go after by faking mental illnesses will only last so long, and it'll never satisfy them. How do you think they ended up resorting to this in the first place? These mental illnesses aren't something to take lightly. They're seriously dangerous and can lead to death, although one would never know how serious until it happens to them. 

◍ In addition to this, the fact that someone is faking a disorder could mean two things: They have a mental illness that involves faking other mental illnesses, or, with enough time put into faking the disorder, may eventually end up with it and suffer the consequences.

○ Although I've done my research on this, I'm not a psychologist, nor am I encouraging you to suddenly start calling out those who may seem to be faking their disorders since you may not truly know. But the fact that more people are dying because there are those who deem it necessary to put up a facade of depression and anxiety in order to seem ✨different✨ or ✨quirky✨ is plain depravity.

☾☽

In the end, I can't stress enough about how important it is to avoid faking mental illnesses, but I hope you've learned something from this.

══════════════════

Provided by our Ace VocaloidExpert.

We hope this chapter helped you! Drop thoughts down in the comment section!