Chapter 1: Kick start

TW: alcohol consumption 

A small smile graces your lips, but as your eyes travel down his figure you notice a pair of hands latched onto his arm. A distinct snake ring sticks out to you, and you grimace as your eyes trail up the pair of arms only to see a a pair of hazel eyes and a smiling face. There was a beauty mark right under her eye, and her strawberry blonde hair was curled with care and it tumbled down her back and her shoulders while some of it was tugged into a ponytail. She was giggling along with the conversation, and god did it make you cringe. But you can't judge a book by it's cover, right? Even if it's cover was...

really fucking pretty.

You see, Katsuki had a type. And it was evident in his breakups. He always got with the people who "kept him interested." and by that, he meant people who were spunky and were up to the challenge. And usually that meant the break ups were terrible. Sometimes the girlfriends would even blame you! Like, what do you have to do with it? No matter how hard you try he never ends up seeing you as a romantic partner anyways.
So you had two options here, you could walk around with Ochaco and Mina while they said their hellos and say a quick hi and leave, or you could shamelessly walk over and talk with your best friends. Fuck it, your dress gave you as much elegance as you need and honestly you could blame it on the champagne later.

You give Kirishima a hesitant wave and he grins at you and signals you to come to him. You walk over to him, each click of your heels gives you more anxiety. After all its been around 9 months since you last saw both of them. "Kiri! How are ya?" you smile at his own, and he gives you a one-armed hug. "Busy. But happy I get to see everybody again. And you?" he slumps at the word 'busy' but springs back at the thought of having everyone in the same space again.

"I'm getting by. Oh, and I was promised a call- what happend to that, hm?" you narrow your eyes at him and playfully glare. He changes the topic and turns his focus and Katsuki and the clinger attatched to his left side. He gives a polite smile to the pair, and while Katsuki was sporting his signature scowl, the girl on his arm looked more like an accessory than a person.

"Oh, hi." you nod to the shorter strawberry blonde and she beams at you. Extending a hand, she begins her introduction when you take it. It all looks a little too genuine. But it was hard to ignore the disapproval in your tone. You almost felt bad for it, but those feelings soon floated to the back of your head when her sweet voice rings in your ears like a phone alarm.

"Hi, it is a pleasure to meet you, i'm Makaiyla. Katsuki's girlfriend." you give her a practised smile and give her a shorter, harder to mess up answer. "The pleasure is mine." she smiles again and coils her hands further over Katsuki's arm. "It is so lovely to put a face to a name! I hear so much about you." she seems way too happy to say those words. But hey at least Kastuki gave you a good word, no?

"Awe, Katsuki you put in a good word for me? that's so nice. You really do miss me after all!" you flash him a teasing smile and laugh when he rolls his eyes. "So, how are you, Katsuki?" you ask, snatching a drink offered by a passing waiter. "Fine. How 'bout you dozey?" ah yes, Doze-y the name he gave you after he figured out your quirk. It just kinda stuck, and slowly it began to grow on you. Just like pretty much everything he did. his grimace softens and fades into what could legally be considered a smile. "Bored. My life is much less exciting than yours Mr.#2 pro hero." he pushes Makaiyla's hands off of his fore arm and delivers a small punch to your shoulder. You smile at the action and give a dramatic wince of pain.

"Ouch, be careful this dress was expensive." he chuckles and you flip him off not-so-discretely "Come on your life just can't be 'fine' there has to be some more news you haven't told me. Just like how you didn't tell me you had a girlfriend." you can't tell if you said that in friendly way or if you just can't let go of the girlfriend thing. Amidst your discussion you totally forgot there were more than just you two in the world and when you look to her after mentioning her, her head is down and her hands are balled up into fists. If you didn't know any better you would think she is crying.