Один(1)

1941

Captain America, god she wished she would stop hearing that name. Even when the people around her were silent; she always heard them. They were always thinking about him. How to beat him, how to make her better than him. They knew what they were doing and she knew that, but that didn't mean she was going to beat the super-soldier, even with her added bonuses.

"Alright soldier, you know how this goes, answer the questions and we can both be on with our lives." The old man in the white lab coat spoke to her in a thick Russian accent, if she wasn't used to it she wouldn't be able to understand what was being said. She understood and spoke Russian, but the Captain, he spoke English, so she was only to speak English.

"Our normal lives? You go back to your family and a nice warm bed and I get put back into my cell?" She scoffed, they had her immobile, with her hands and her legs strapped to the chair she sat on. "And even if I didn't obey, everyone in this laboratory is scared of me." She didn't try to break free, if she did they'd have her killed on the spot. she and all of the other people that were taken in for tests had an explosive device implanted into them.

She knew this to be true because all of them tried, all but her. And she watched from her cell as their heads all blew clean off, leaving nothing but brain matter, blood, and bone chunks. The first time she saw it she fainted, but more and more tried to escape, and as time went on she got more and more immune.

"What year were you born?" the man asked.

"1916 sir," she answered, eyes at her feet.

"Who made you?"

"Dr. Abraham Erskine."

"Who do you work for?"

"HYDRA," was a stupid name if you asked her but she didn't have the energy to complain.

"What happens if you disobey?"

"I die, sir," that last part scared her, she didn't want to die but she also didn't want to live her life being a killing machine.

The man wrote things on his clipboard, he called her a smart ass in his notes, but she obeyed. She can't do anything but obey.

"And lastly, what is your name?"

"The Winter Soldier."

a/n: the first few chapters of this story are very short I apologize for that but I wrote this a while ago. this story is also posted on my Tumblr with better visuals and more frequent updates.