14: FAREWELL, AZARNIUN

"The Generals are here!"

Everyone shouted like barbarians filled with rejoicing as they saw the 5th and 4th General arrive at the East Medical Facility. But their joy had vanished when a figure of Lucien stood carrying a gravely injured man on his back. The man's eyes were shut while his whole body was charred with burns and deep scars. His arm hangs loosely in the 5th General's shoulder as it was tinged in blood.

Algard's body suffered from a degree of burns, his skin became uneven and other parts of it were starting to peel. The warmth in his physique is growing to fade and the pumping on his chest halted. Yet, the two Generals had forced themselves to believe that there was still a chance to save him.

Nurses brought a stretcher, rushing to their aid and carefully taking the patient to lay him on the sheets. Their expression was plastered with panic gazing at Algard. People surrounding them murmured something to one another while others were terrified and frozen on their feet, mumbling the words 'we're all gonna die'

"Move," Said Fuyumi. The crowd cleared their path—turning their heads to the other side as their expressions changed while looking at the state of the 6th General. He's already dead, and they can't do anything about it. Yet, Fuyumi was still in a rush, almost crashing into everyone they encountered.

Everyone had immediately given them a way inside the institute. The nurses remained in taking the stretcher to emergency as Fuyumi and Lucien had stopped at a counter. "Take us to Errapel," Fuyumi said.

The medical officer noticed her presence which made him immediately stand up. "General Kazahana! we can't-"

"Don't make me repeat myself"

The man started sweating and his hands shook in nervousness. His head hesitantly surveyed his surroundings and once he had confirmed that everything was clear, he nodded at the two Generals—turning his heels to go out of the counter in guiding them through a certain direction. Lucien had told the nurses who brought Algard to the emergency to bring him to where they were going. And the medical officials had taken his orders, moving the patient to a different way from the halls.

The man from the counter took the lead as their footsteps made a noise throughout the facility, almost running to avoid wasting any time. Every person that they pass would lower their head at the Generals.

They turned into a corner, stopping into an isolated room that said 'No person unattended allowed'. Its oak door was marked by silver glowing symbols floating in front. The man from the counter glanced at General Kazahana as the woman's eyes remained on the door.