21: SPECIAL TASK FORCE

Along with their respective Generals, Raijin and Hiro stood beside their seats listening to the council's statement on the report of the Nephus division. Raijin's eyes still searched for General Yozou but he had only seen the Lieutenant-General of the Yozou division seated on the chair of the 6th General.

If there was something Raijin had wondered at the moment, it is when he had noticed that he, Hiro, and Mitsuka are the only lower-ranked officers. And since General Noguchi had appointed him to be the squad leader and adjutant of hers, he had disregarded the thought of him worthy of being in such a position. Even if he's the sole member of the division.

"Rai," Hiro whispered.

They were standing not far from each other, for the seats of the Generals were positioned based on their particular ranks on the conference table. Akaru was on the first seat followed by Seratsuki and General Kazahana though there was a space between the two women in distinguishing the place of the upper Generals.

"What do you-"

"Ice queen's Lil bro, were you perhaps persuading my adjutant and squad leader to join your division?" Hiro's words were cut off when Seratsuki suddenly decided to interrupt their conversation.

"You're mistaken, General Noguchi" Hiro managed to say, bewildered and surprised by the unexpected nickname.

"Is that so? Do you like red?" said the 3rd General.

This is the first time Raijin had seen the clueless expression of Hiro and how he had lost his composure when talking to a General. The Kazahana heir was at a loss for words that his thoughts couldn't trace the reason why the 3rd General had suddenly spoken to him casually in the middle of something.

"W-what do you mean, General?" Fujihiro asked, trying to figure out the proper response to tell her. He gazed at Raijin whose eyes were filled with disbelief towards his General's approach. "What will I say?" Hiro mouthed to him but Raijin had only signaled him to just ignore the woman.

"Yes or no?" Seratsuki gave them a short glance.

"I..." Hiro contemplated his answer. He had thought that maybe crimson was somewhat a good choice though his sister's liking represents the other way around. He was about to finish his phrase when a voice interrupted him.

"We must pay our respects to the speaker," The 4th General didn't give them a look, her earnest eyes remained in front and it was more than enough to set the temperature low inside. Mitsuka was startled and she gave the two boys a confused gaze, which they had also responded in one.