Wednesdays Can't Be That Bad... Right?

"Today's going to be shit. Wednesdays, am I right?"

"You're so right Greg!"

You were hired to disarm bombs at some company. You couldn't care much about the pay since you already got fed a nice snack every break; Greg.
Daydreaming about those stick arms suffocating you as he-
Maybe this isn't something to think about during work, for fucks sake there's a bomb written by a toddler about to blow up. Even with such a big responsibility weighing on your shoulders, a bigger distraction is right in front of you.
Greg's beautiful dead eyes staring at your work waiting for one of two outcomes, will everything be blown up or will your heart be blown when Greg praises you for a job well done.

"It's ok if the bomb blows up today, that's what Wednesday's are for: pain and suffering."
The man sips his coffee as he starts to rant on about his parent's divorce and how that reminded him of his wife leaving him.
"Wednesday's really isn't your day is it Greg,"
When you finish cutting the last wire needed, you turn to Greg and hand him the disarmed bomb. He's so focused on talking shit about Wednesday's he doesn't notice you right in front of him waving a bomb in his face.

"Imagine there was a dog named Wednesday, I mean what kind of name is that for a dog? We even hired a talking dog, he could tell you that himself."

"Are you sure you've never had one good event on a Wednesday?"

"I'm certain. Oh! Oh nice, good job, when did you finish with this bomb? Doesn't matter, go enjoy an early break"

***

Trying to use the microwave in the break room is a mistake and you knew it. But you wanted to heat up your poptart anyways, unfortunately you forgot to take off the wrapping and you caused the microwave to implode. "Nothing new considering the day today."

"Greg it was a coincidence, not every little bad thing can be pinned on one day of the week."
He places down his coffee cup on the table and takes a seat. You go over to join him but he stops you, his reason was "because you might blow up."

"We work at a Bomb Corp, there's a chance of that happening every day."

"Why are you so settled on making me un-hate Wednesdays?"

Should you confess your love to him?
No, he could easily reject you or even worse fire you out of disgust. "I don't know, I just don't like seeing you so annoyed all day it's unsettling."
Greg's eyes dart from looking at you to looking down into the soul of his coffee. "Maybe if I just had some good, unbothered sex I could claim today as alright."

Speechless.

Did he just hint sex from you or is he asking you to set him up. Such a blunt remark from a superior completely caught you off guard. He noticed this, after a statement like that if somebody immediately goes quiet it means they're uncomfortable, right?
"Sorry! I didn't mean to say that, that was super unprofessional. After my wife left you can imagine my loneliness. Damned Wednesdays..."

"No it's okay! I get it. The loneliness, not the wife part."
Is this an opening to happiness? Maybe this is what you need right now, maybe this is what you both need. You never thought a situation like this would happen, it was as if somebody wrote a story that would end with 'happily ever after'.

"Well, if that's what might make this Wednesday better, it's worth it. How much longer is my break boss?"

"Your break's being extended."