Chapter 7 - Night 5

"Hey Jeremy! Last shift of the week. How're you feeling?" the manager asked me as I went into the office and slumped down in the chair. "Ok" I mumbled, trying not to think about the old, creepy animatronics. "Uh...well, ok. Bye" the manager said, and quickly left. The clock shined 12, and I got straight to work.

The phone rang again. I clicked the answer button and tried to listen whilst flicking through all the camera feeds.

"Hello, hello? Hey, good job, night 5! Um, hey, um, keep a close eye on things tonight, ok? Um, from what I understand, the building is on lockdown, uh, no one is allowed in or out, y'know, especially concerning any...previous employees. Um, when we get it all sorted out, we may move you to the day shift, a position just became...available. Uh, we don't have a replacement for your shift yet, but we're working on it. Uh, we're going to try to contact the original restaurant owner. Uh, I think the name of the place was..."Fredbear's Family Diner" or something like that. It's been closed for years though, I doubt we'll be able to track anybody down. Well, just get through one more night! Uh, hang in there! Goodnight!" The line clicked dead. I sighed, exasperated, and tried to get through the night.

When the clock chimed 6am, I was trembling. All the animatronics had attacked multiple times, and the old ones had really freaked me out. I waited for a couple of minutes for the manager, but he didn't arrive. Maybe he was late. I decided to go look for him, and headed out into the Game Area.

There was no sign of the manager in the Game Area. I looked over to the Show Stage, at the toy animatronics staring blankly forwards. I walked up to the stage and walked around the animatronics, occasionally tapping them to see if they reacted. Then I walked in front of them and stared into Freddy's eyes, looking to see the endoskeleton inside of him. Then, a light flicked on.

"WHAT ARE YOU DOING?!?" the manager shouted, running towards me and pulling me away from the animatronics. "YOU WERE MEANT TO STAY IN YOUR OFFICE!" he yelled. "I was, but-" I started. "I DON'T CARE! GET OUT!" he screamed, and I ran out of the restaurant, possibly more scared of him than of the animatronics.