It all comes tumbling down...

___
30th September, 1784. Thursday (Journal Entry #1)

(Across the page were sentences scratched out. Some scribbled in haste, others in cursive, all crossed out. Small blots of ink dripped from Kronii's quill, adding on to the chaos. Even with that, the quill's brown feathers reminded her of a dear friend.)

Finally got myself a journal and a pe-

(Scratching that sentence, Kronii began tearing away the page before chucking it into a bin. Groaning into the night, she rubbed her face before fixing up her sitting posture.)
___

___
30th September, 1784. Thursday (Journal Entry #1)

Hi.

(Kronii pressed against her eyelids and moaned for a short bit. A bit of ink dripped on the page.)

Why am I having so much trouble writing a journal entry? I've written so many throughout epochs and aeons, so why is it so hard to start anew?

(Kronii paused for the moment. Her fingers curled on the top of the page before shaking her head against it.)

It feels weird. I haven't written a journal entry for ages now. Ever since the digital era came in, journalling lost its charm. Everything is on the internet and out to grab hold of your attention and here I am now, with time to burn through.

(An idea had her eyes twinkling with inspiration. Tearing the page off, she took a deep breath, dipped her quill into the ink reservoir and flicked away the excess ink.)
___

___
30th September, 1784. Thursday (Journal Entry #1)

Dear me,

Hello. It has been ages since we've written a journal, so it's awkward for me to start anew. Not that you wouldn't know, but it's nice being able to write down on something to finally record down my life with Nicholas.

With that being said, please don't lose it. It was such a hassle to rummage through the entire house all for naught before Amelia came by. Thus, I really, really, really hope you keep it pristine and definitely not buried somewhere this time.

(Kronii glanced at Nicholas who was now mummified with his blanket, sleeping soundly.)

It's funny. It has only been a few days since I've begun to reside in Nicholas's home once again and it feels weird. You know that feeling where you wish you could relive your memories of a time long past, only to find yourself within those exact memories? It's like a stronger sense of deja vu. Hell, I'm even having it right now writing this down. I digress.

... Truth be told, nothing much happened so far. It has been three days since I've crashed into his life and migrated into his house for the time being. Beyond the dinner we had and being able to procure this musty book, nothing. He's been busy with his work and I've been busy roaming around, re-integrating myself once again into this much simpler life. Oh well.

If only he could stop calling me 'Ms Ouros'. Too formal and I'm still in my prime. To be fair, since when was I not?

(With that, Kronii shrugged her shoulders and nodded to herself before heading to bed.)
____

____
2nd October, 1784, Sunday (Journal Entry #2)

Dear me,

Hello again. After much procrastination, here we are again. It's weird writing this as if I'm sending a letter to a dear friend because it's me I'm talking about. Still, nothing wrong with that, right? Everyone talks to themselves in their own accord and privacy. At least, that's what I'm trying to sell here. It's fine. At least I think it's fine?