Save Me from Myself, Amelia.

27th September, 1784, Refracted Timeline #26, 1645

A brown crisp leaf fell from its branch, twirling, even basking, under the golden afternoon shine. Dancing to the quiet breeze, the flaky leaf swayed to and fro to the melodic tune of this churchyard. These wings of autumn butterflies entertained Amelia. If only this simple pleasure would last for a bit longer. Amelia closed her eyes and thought of home, being with her brothers and parents. Below this aged English, her golden locks fluttered to the breeze.

"What are you doing here, Amelia?" Kronii's voice, stern and strained, snapped her out of the daydream as she planted herself with her blades.

Returning to reality, Amelia looked into her eyes. Those sapphire eyes, a mystifying merge of indigo, navy and azure blue, spoke of cruelty and pain.

Most men do not want to be freed from time, for they cling to the passing nostalgia. Time, the chain between life and death, the blinding strife of the past and future, marches on without pity or mercy to the common man. No one could escape the chains of time ; A futile dream beyond one's reach. Trapping all, time will march on until nothing remains. Its vessel, the unfortunate medium herself, bears the heaviest burden. Nothing will absolve her from the shackles in her heart. Nothing will relieve her from this cruel fate. Nothing will stop her eyes from seeing the ultimate end.

After it all ends, above the pain and cruelty of the passing nostalgia, would anyone be there to hear her cry at the end of it all? Lingering loneliness was all that awaited.

"I'm here to save you, Kronii."

"Save me? What do you mean?" Kronii smirked, "I'm in no danger."

"That's not what I meant." Amelia disengaged the safety of her Walther PPK, "What I meant is I'm here to bring you home back to the original timeline."

"... What have you done with Nicholas?" She saw those eyes darting around the churchyard, desperate for a sign of her lover.

Amelia turned her wrist, answering her with the shine of her pistol's silver slide.

For a moment, rage imbued within Kronii's irises. "Don't play games with me, Amelia. You didn't kill him."

"You're right. I've sent him home. However, I'm not here to play games, Kronii."

"Good. Sorry to waste your time, but I'll be heading off now. See you whenever." Kronii began heading back to the churchyard gates.

Thunder crackled from Amelia's pistol. A few strands of Kronii's hair glided down to the grass. A 9mm round dug into the concrete walls of those dusty gates.

"That was your only warning shot, Kronii."

Facing her, Kronii's glare scorched off any residue kindness within. "... Do you honestly think you stand a chance against me, Amelia?"

"And?" Despite her pounding heart, Amelia readied, this aiming for the head, "I won't miss the next one. You know I don't."

"Right, and shooting me is your idea of saving me. Great. Amelia, what do you even plan to do?"

"I'm here to bring you back."

"Did I ask to be saved, Amelia?!" The Warden of Time barked at her, "Did I?!"

"Do you honestly think I'll let you keep purging refracted timelines one after the other?"

"Does it matter? Our timeline, the original timeline, is perfectly intact. No matter how many timelines have been scrapped and voided, ours is perfectly safe and sound until I come back."

"Come back then! What's wrong with coming back? You were the one who said you can restore the integrity of the refracted timelines by returning to the original timeline."