6 - lunch with their lunchmeat

"What is all this?" Pandora asked as she sat down between Edward and Alice.

"I saw you coming, so I thought I'd-" Alice started.

"She doesn't know that yet," Edward hissed.

"I don't know what?" Pandora asked.

Edward sighed. "We all have gifts. We think that when we, you know, turned," he said in a low voice, "that whatever abilities we had were amplified."

"So you had an exceptional gut instinct of when shit would go down and now you're a physic vampire?" Pandora asked Alice.

Alice laughed cheerfully. "Well basically, yes."

"I wish," Pandora grumbled. The 3 vampires shared a look. "Not to be like you, I mean I like being me. I mean I don't mean that being like you would be horrible, but-"

Pandora was cut off by Alice laughing. Jasper, who Pandora had the impression never smiled, even found one breaking to his lips. "We know what you meant," Jasper reassured.

"So you all have 'gifts,' then?"

"Well Jasper can kind of feel the energy and alter it. Edward can read minds, and Emmett's incredibly strong," Alice rushed, excitedly and hurriedly. And yet Pandora had no trouble keeping up. She was genuinely curious, as they were different than the other vampires she'd encountered.

"Slow down Alice," Edward cautioned.

She's fine, Pandora thought to Edward, who didn't look like the message was at all acknowledged. Edward finally looked to her blankly, which prompted the question, "can't you read my mind?"

"No...you seem to be another exception," Edward mused.

"Another?..." Pandora questioned, and her eyes wandered until she found the answer. "Ah. Your girlfriend, you mean."

"Ex!" Alice clarified happily.

"Why do you seem happy about that?"

"When you see as many futures I do, you see futures where your loved ones end up happy, and ones where they do not," Alice said, insinuating Bella would end up leaving Edward unhappy. But to Pandora, it looked like he was already there.

"But he already looks unhappy," Pandora pointed out as if Edward wasn't seated right next to her.

"He won't be that way forever," Alice said dreamily. It was then that Edward saw what she meant. She'd seen a new future.

A snowball fight between the two that get increasingly more competitive. A snowball fight that turns into a light wrestling match, before Pandora pins edward arms with both of hers, and leans forward, maintaining eye contact between her bright red eyes and his golden ones, to leave a gentle kiss on his nose before hitting him with another snowball. She'd get up and run away laughing hysterically, with him laughing along trailing after her.

Edward absorbed the vision, completely shocked. Alice smiled smugly.