[ ♥ ]

Cross was minding his own business, laying down on the living room couch. He melted into the cushions, trying to relax the best he could. Today was one of his very few days off, constantly being overworked by Nightmare. The room was dimly lit, perfect enough to where it didn't cost him any potential eye strain. A content expression plastered itself onto his face, his usual frown morphing into a neutral line. His black and white jacket laid onto him like a blanket, not wearing it just for the time being. Breathing in, Cross then let out a sigh, unfurrowing his brows. His chest rose up and down, slowly and calmly, as he breathed at a nice, consistent pace. Closing his eyes, he leaned his head into the couch pillow, saving his energy for another time.

He laid like this for the next three hours. Occasionally someone would walk in and comment about something, but overall no one had really bothered him that lazy afternoon. Sure, Cross usually wasn't the type to be lazy or lay around, but he hasn't had a good rest in a very long time. It was like a huge stress reliever, being able to lay down without any interruptions. Eventually, though, his peaceful mood was disturbed, hearing a strange noise coming from the next room. It sounded like someone was crying, a few yells could be heard as well.

Wearing his normal frown, Cross then proceeded to push himself off of the couch, swinging his jacket over his shoulders, tucking his arms into the sleeves. He then brought his hood up over his head, his face half-covered by his thick turtleneck sweater. Standing up, he looked around, trying to depict where the crying was coming from. Narrowing his eyes, he began walking over in the direction of the source, his footsteps quiet and careful. He didn't want to bother anyone if they wanted to be alone - but he was curious, and besides, if his hunch was correct to who it was.. the person in question may need someone to comfort them. But then again, Cross wasn't necessarily the type of person to comfort somebody, but he cared enough to at least try. After all, it is important that the people here in the castle trust one another enough to rely on each other.

Waking down the hall, it didn't take Cross very long to find the room that the crying skeleton was in. Noticing the creek in the door, Cross grabbed a hold of the doorknob, before opening it. Suddenly, the crying had stopped, before hearing a very loud hiccup. Was he trying to hide the fact that he was crying? Releasing another sigh, Cross entered the room, gazing at the puffy-eyed skeleton before him.

"What the hell do you want?" the skeleton asked, revealing himself to be none other than Dust.

"I heard you crying.. so I wanted to come in and check on you," Cross said, answering Dust's question, before asking his own. "What's bothering you?"

Dust let out a 'tch', "None of 'yer business, buddy." He exclaimed, stepping away from Cross.

The dust-covered monster avoided eye contact with the more rational one, holding onto his sleeve where his Papyrus' scarf should be tucked into. He didn't wear the scarf around his neck like most people think he would but instead kept it safe within his jacket sleeve, fidgeting with it every once in a while in order to calm down his spiking nerves.

Luckily for Cross, his x!Chara wasn't around him right now, currently being suppressed by Cross' calm state of mind. So, Cross would have no interruptions or potential eavesdroppers if he committed to what he had in mind. After a few, long seconds, Cross would step forward, nearing Dust, as Dust stepped back, avoiding the oreo-look-alike. Taking another step forward, but this time swifter, Cross grabbed onto Dust before pulling the shorter skeleton into his chest. Dust tensed up, trying to push himself away, but due to being in an emotional state right now, he had very little energy to fight back.

"Just what do you think you're doing- I-"

Dust paused, cutting himself off as he melted into Cross' comforting embrace. He teared up and began crying again. By now he would've cussed and screamed at Cross for daring to touch him, but Dust couldn't think properly right now to care. He just didn't want to be alone, despite the verbal words that he spoke.