Chapter I

Moans filled the room as she panted. He had a firm grip on her body as he kissed up and down her shoulder, his beard scratching her skin in the most pleasurable way possible. Her hands were tangled in his hair, tugging on it for leverage.

Nothing compared to this feeling. Nothing ever felt better than what they were feeling right now. They hadn't felt like this in three years, not since they split. They'd had one night stands, but nothing ever compared to when they were together.

-

THREE YEARS PREVIOUS

People took their seats on the benches as they waited for the transport. This is what she'd been waiting for her entire life, ever since her mother told her all about Tranquility Base Landing — The Moon City, as many called it.

Most went for the attraction, to see family, etc. But she was one of the few who went for a new start. She'd lost all meaningful things to her that held her back on Earth. All of her friends had gone and loved it, and said that there were many job opportunities, especially at the biggest attraction: The Tranquility Base Hotel; Casino To Come. And her mother had told her all about how she used to work at the hotel and knew the owners.

She'd heard many amazing things about the hotel and so she saved up enough money for a transport ticket on the Lunae Civilization Transportation Vessels (LCTV).

She had her nose in some book she always read, but she struggled to read it as these three little kids were getting on her last nerve. And then, finally, they called for passengers to board Lunae Vessel 505. That was her vessel that she would ride to Tranquility Base Landing.

Quickly she jumped out of her seat, grabbed all of her bags, and was nearly the first in the line to board. She looked around at all the people who were boarding. She saw people of many races, genders, and social classes. As they waited, two men came by with carts and took all their heavy baggage. All of them waited for a bit until they finally saw a lady in a uniform with various buttons from many space programs. The lady had brown hair, a septum piercing, was tall and had quite a few tattoos.

"Hello, everybody, and welcome to Lunae Civilization Vessel Transportation formed by NASA in 2045. My name is Taylor and I'll be your stewardess for the trip," the lady had a monotone voice, and she spoke smoothly. "As many of you know, the trip will take almost a day, so you will have to spend one night in your overnight room. Food, drink, toiletries, etc. will be provided for you. Please board the carrying vessel in a single file line until all are on board and the doors have closed. Have a wonderful flight to Tranquility Base Landing!" She finished speaking and then allowed everyone to move past her.

All the passengers awaiting their journey to the moon walked down a long hall that led to the vessel. The lights were along the floor, they were dimmed. It was almost like an eerie sci-fi movie that would include the rise of the machines, quantitative easing, religious iconography, and the ascension of the C.R.E.A.M. It all reminded her of those old space movies from the twentieth century on what space exploration and colonization would be like in the far future. They thought that in the future there would be flying cars, rocket ships everywhere, and the colonization of far away planets in distant galaxies where humans and their life forms lived in peace and harmony. And some were true. There was the colonization of the moon — Tranquility Base Landing — and they did know much more about distant planets in far away galaxies, but they were far from human exploration. And there were very few space shuttles, at the most liberal of estimates there are about seventeen shuttles world wide, several of which are used for civilian transportation.

And then finally, they'd reached the end of the hallway. Right there in front of them was a metal door with a handprint lock pad. Taylor walked in front of them and unlocked the door. All of the awaiting passengers watched as the door opened and they entered the vessel. They all then entered the vessel after Taylor had walked on. Taylor waited until all the passengers were on and she closed the door. Then Taylor walked in front of everybody, two men coming down the hall with a cart of things.