My Daughter (in Law)

All of them stared at Joy and Sungjae after Joy ended the call with Mrs. Yook.

Joy who sensed the different atmosphere stopped from eating and took time to observe her oppadeul and eonniedeul also Yeri one by one.

"Hmm, do I make mistake? Why you guys are staring at me like that?" Joy was a little bit afraid.

"Aniya." Eunkwang said while still staring at Joy.

"Then, wh....why.... you look at me like that?" Joy became more confused and Sungjae did not help at all. Although he was also the one being stared but he still enjoyed his foods.

"Joy, may we ask question?" Wendy smiled strangely to Joy.

"Of course, Eonni. You can ask me any questions." Joy replied.

"Are you that close with Mrs. Yook? Hmm, I mean, she is really nice aunty and also closes to us like our own mother, but after playing and befriend with Sungjae for years, none of us has her personal phone number and none ever call her." Wendy finally explains the confusion.

"Oooohhhhh." That's the first sound uttered by Joy. 

"I also know nothing about their closeness." Sungjae added.

"How can you be so close with Mrs. Yook, Joy-iah. You know she is super busy more than our parents" Yeri asked her friend.

"Hmm, I do not know if you guys never call her or hang out with her."

"Do you also hang out with her?" Ilhoon spoke loudly until he spat out his food. 

"Eww, Iruna. It's disgusting." Irene scolded him. 

"I am sorry Noona, it just a surprising news noona. Let me clean the table." Ilhoon wiped the table in flash.

"Yes, I sometimes  go shopping with aunty. My mom will also join but most of the time is only both of us. Aunty also teaches me to cook boiled lobster in her house. She said that Sungjae Oppa is busy with his lessons so she invites me sometimes to accompany her. You know I barely have additional lessons like Oppadeul and Eonnideul." Joy told them the story.

Joy did not tell any lie about the reason why she was invited by Mrs. Yook. She indeed felt lonely sometimes. She really wanted to have a daughter. But the ultimate reason she was sent to Mrs. Yook because Mrs. Park shared her concern about Joy's "Naughty and stubborn" attitude. Mrs. Park always said that it would be nice to raise a nice obedient kid like Sungjae. Therefore, Mrs. Yook offering help to spend some times with Joy and did not know what Magic Mrs. Yook had, Joy's behaviour became better day by day. And of course, it was only the secret between the two mothers.

"Jinjaro, My mum never tell any story if she hang out with you?" Sungjae told Joy.

"Yes, because Oppa is always busy with courses." Joy replied.

"My mum cut some of my courses since I will be moving out. She said I can spend more time with you guys." Sungjae said.

"Daebak!" said the boys.

"Let's play and hang out more." said the girls.

"Tell aunty if we also want to join shopping with her." Seulgi provoked Joy.

"Seulgi, you just want to have free bags. Don't you?" Hyunsik said.

"Yah Oppa!!! you know me so well." Thinking Seulgi would be angry, in fact she was not. 

"I also want to join, too to get free sneakers." Changsub chimed in.

"Yah, Changsubi, are you a beggar?" Irene mocked him.

And again this duo always have reason to quarrel. Minhyuk and Wendy just shook their head seeing this duo. 

"Ah, I am so full." Peni burped  and he earned a long uuuuuuuuhhh from the girls. It's disgusting.

"So Sungjae, have you asked you father about how long you will be at America." Eunkwang asked Sungjae.

"My father did not tell any exact time hyung, but he said that maybe I will have my Senior high school there."

"It is gonna be along time, Sungjae- ya. I am gonna miss you." Changsub showed his concern.

"I know Hyung, I will miss all of you guys here." Sungjae suddenly felt a bit sad.

"Don't forget to call us often." Irene advised Sungjae.

"Ye..Noona." Sungjae replied to Irene.

"Will you not coming back at all to Korea, Sungjae ya?" Peniel asked him.

"My dad promised us that we will come back twice a year. Promise me we will spend time when I come back." Sungjae threaten them.

"Of course, we will." All of them said in unison.

"The end of semester will come soon, so do you have any plan of what to do with Sungjae before he leaves." Eunkwang asked all of them.

"I want to go to archade and play all the games." Ilhoon said.

"Nore bang?" Minhyuk and Wendy said at the same time.

"Awww. these two....!"Yeri teased them.

"Going to Public Sauna and play King and slaves." Changsub with his weird idea.

"I want to go shopping together after class." Seulgi really loved shopping.

"You mean going out in school uniform?" Irene clarified.

"Yes, Eonnie, it will be fun. I want to be like normal kids hang out with friends." Seulgi felt sad suddenly. 

They felt her and really understood what she meant. Being chaebol, they had really tight schedule everyday. They would always being guarded and had less freedom. Right after from school, they would have many courses, they would join their parent's party and that's the routine of them.    

"Joy, do you have any idea what do you want us to do?" Hyunsik asked the silent Joy.

"I want to go to Jeju-do. I have never been there." Joy said to them.

"Woah, good idea...! playing in the beach seems so much fun." Yeri agreed with her friend.

"Alright, we can go to Jeju-do a week before the semester exam. We usually have a week holiday to prepare  for our exam. But, you guys are clever, so having 3 days preparation will be enough. Other three days will be spent in Jeju. I will talk to my parents for permission." Eunkwang said.

"What a cool hyung!" Sungjae praised and at the same time teased Eunkwang. 

"And, let's spend other days before exams with the idea we have planned. Norae bang, shopping, archades, and all."Minhyuk added.

"Agree." All of them were cheering and looking for those days to come.

Sungjae felt so blast having them. But at the same time, he was worried of himself. He must be missing them so much in America and especially to Joy, he felt so sad. He felt so sad about leaving her. It was only a year they had to know each other well. He felt that he had just learned to know her better and soon they had to be separated. He wanted to know more sides of Joy which always surprised him every time he revealed one.

He also felt worry about her. How if she felt lonely and had a hard time. He remembered that Joy agreed to enroll the school because he promised to be her friend and always accompanied her, but soon he no longer could do his promise. 

Joy was getting better now, she was more mature, patient and caused no trouble at all. She got many new friends and being loved by most of the teachers because of her bright attitude and smart brain. 

Will she be Okay? She was not her usual self today, she was not as bubbly as she used to be....

And their day in amusement park was ended with Sungjae's thought about Joy.