Chapter 12

Chapter 12

Wednesday, two weeks later.

At the moment I'm working in the café and it's quite fun. Rose and Lindsay, the other waitress here, are very nice and Jenna, our chef, too. Here are always very kind customers and we receive plenty of good reviews and tips. I like it here. But I still can't stop thinking about Harry, Niall, Liam and all the others... I just miss them. I hope they got over me, I didn't check the latest news since twelve days. That's very unusual for me, but I'm too busy. I'm now living in a hotel room I'm paying for on my own. It's in a smaller hotel, but it's very pretty and comfy there. I talked to Aidan some more times, he often calls me. For who knows what reason. My tattoo is healed, it doesn't hurt anymore. And my band is very good, I have to say. There weren't any gigs yet, but the rehearsals were good. And Kaan is planning a little concert at the park today. I'm so exited!

Right now I'm serving a hot chocolate to a young lady who just came here after a fight with her boyfriend. Yes, we talk to our customers. We want to make them feel secure and comfortable, so we talk to them. Of course only if they're willing.

"Susan, cheer up. It'll get good again. And if he doesn't want a fantastic girl like you back, he isn't worth it.", I say while putting the drink on her table. She smiles at me out of her hurt, brown eyes. She's pretty cute, I have to add. I can't understand how she could have a fight with her boyfriend. But I don't know her properly, I can't comment on here. I pat her shoulder encouraging and go back to the kitchen. Jenna is standing there, preparing food and drinks for our other customers.

"Jenna? Could you maybe set me free this afternoon? I can do an extra shift one other day!", I ask, doing the puppy face. Jenna giggles and nods.

"Of course, princess.", she answers. She always calls me princess because she doesn't want to use my fake name, and with using my real name I'd be discovered. I thank her and quickly change my clothes. I rush to the train station, taking the train to the park. The guys are already there, building up the instruments and stage. When they recognize me, they smile and wave.

"We just need to do the sound check, then we're ready. Would you, maybe?", Kaan welcomes me and points at the mic at the stage. "Just sing something."

I nod. Okay, I probably have fever. I'm so damn exited! I jump on the stage and grab the micro. I first say hello to check if it's on, then start singing "Change Your Life" by Little Mix, the others join in. It sounds good. Kaan smiles at me and the others.

"I think we're ready.", he declares and picks up the micro to welcome the people who got interested in our gig. It aren't that much, but enough. And there's a little bonus because Taylor promoted us. We first play "Broken Strings", a duet by me and Kaan. The people seem to like it. We mostly do covers, we don't have many own songs. Brandon, Dave and I write our songs, but it takes time. So we don't have many. Now we're playing The Offspring's "Pretty Fly", where I only have to play guitar and do some background singing. Our outfits are very random. Kaan wears baggy light brown pants and a blue shirt. Brandon's dressed in tight, baggy jeans, a red shirt and a leather jacket, Justin wears simple beige shorts and a squared shirt. And I? I'm standing here in my waitress uniform because I hadn't enough time to change my clothes. With intensive training at night I finally learned all guitar chords and songs, but I just made a little mistake. Whoops. Happily nobody besides Kaan noticed that. I grin at him apologizing he twists his eyes smiling.

After a few more covers of famous songs Kaan announces our own song. One of them. And I wrote it.

"So guys, I hoped you liked us so far,", massive applause, "because now we're going to play the song our band girl Jude wrote! 'Miss It', here it goes!", he says into the mic, glancing at me shortly. I smile proudly, then the song starts. It's a duet. I wrote it out of my feelings, so it's about the "old times" how I call it. It's about missing the time with Liam, Harry, Niall, Zayn, El, Dani, Lou, Perrie. Because I miss it.