2: A Loveable Boy

Yibo was only seven when his parents moved to Shanghai. He was an only child and his parents were rarely around. Thus, he had grown with different nannies althroughout his young life.

It might be due to that, that Yibo grew aloof and reclusive. He only plays with his legos all day long and barely talks. Emotions were unnatural for him too. What is joy? What is sadness? How to be angry? He knew it by description, but knew not how to express and feel.

His parents didn't mind. Yibo is obedient, that's what matters, they say. He follows their wishes without qualms or queries. A good child and a handsome one too! That's what they're proud of.

His lonely life changed when Yibo's current nanny suddenly ranaway with their driver. Another one came in the following day like usual. It seemed with enough money, there is no worry recruiting a new helper in a snap of a finger.

Young Yibo only quirked his head a little when he saw a new plump middle aged lady preparing his breakfast in their immaculate kitchen. When the lady turned around to face him, her lips were too curled up which made Yibo tilt his head to the side, quizzical. Soon, white pearls which were similar to his bunnies' teeth appeared on the lady's mouth.

"I hope you eat a lot, Yibo. The Madame told me this is your favourite." This new Aunt Wei eagerly presented her omelette rice and Yibo's small eye got rounder seeing the bear-shaped fried rice draped with Aunt Wei's special scrambled egg.

Yibo stared at the meal with fascination and was almost afraid to touch, eat and disfigure that masterpiece. "You should eat it while its warm!" The kind lady said while chuckling at the little guy's innocent face. "I'll make you one again whenever you like, Bobo. I can even do more tricks and shapes!" She proudly added and finally convinced Yibo to dig in!

It wasn't even 5 minutes and Yibo was already holding his plate while pulling Mrs. Wei's apron who was busy sorting out the dishes.

"Aunty, more?"

Mrs. Wei's heart melted at once! She rubbed Yibo's head and the little child purred like a lost kitten on her touch.

The lady almost cried remembering the other helpers' warning that Yibo is 'different' and that she should be wary on handling him. Because what Mrs. Wei saw that moment is just a normal boy, maybe a bit shy and quiet, but a loveable boy who surely wants love and attention like any other child at that age!

Therefore, Mrs. Wei pledged to herself from that day on, she will treat Yibo like her own.

-------
A/N:

Good or no good? 😉

9-Apr-22