Chapter 1

This chapter contains mentions of abuse.ヾ(•ω•')o

*BEEP,  BEEP,  BE-*

Stuart slammed his fist down on his alarm clock, shattering the glass of the purple-ish object. He was wrapped tight in his blanket as a result of tossing and turning in the middle of the night, this meant his only way of getting out of bed would be to roll out of bed. Stuart slowly rolled out of bed colliding with a variety of objects on the slow way down to the floor. Stuart chuckled a little until he opened his hands and could feel multiple shards of glass penetrating his skin. 

Clearly, he needed to pay attention to his hand but something else was on his mind, or should I say, someone else... Yup! That's right, his best friend, Murdoc Niccals. Stuart was practically a nervous wreck yesterday because Murdoc hadn't texted back him all day. You see, Murdoc's home situation was well... complicated. Murdoc's father was an alcohol addict, causing him to beat Murdoc frequently. Just thinking about what Murdoc's father might have done to him was enough to make Stuart thump angrily. Despite all of that, Murdoc was always on Stuart's mind... NO, NOT IN THAT WAY! Stuart winced, denying all of the feelings for the person he had spent his entire life with. He shared everything with Murdoc.

Stuart snapped out of what he was thinking about and got back to what he should be doing. He gently removed the glass from his hands using tweezers, putting the pieces in a neat pile. Due to Stuart being high maintenance he wasn't always the cleanest. He put the neat pile onto his desk and stumbled to the bathroom. He was quite tired, he was up for most of the night praying that Murdoc was just tired and slept through the day or maybe getting last minute school supplies and couldn't respond to him. Stuart frowned at the school supplies thought because he was usually didn't have enough money to buy them, unless he stole his fathers money.

Shoving his thoughts aside once again, he grabbed a pastel orange towel with small white polka dots on it. A smile formed on his lips seeing the beautiful autumn shade. Stuart gently undressed his skinny body after filling the bathtub up and sat in it. "Maybe today... won't be that bad." He whispered to himself. His ears perked up as he gently squeezed strawberry soap into his hand. He began to bathe himself and then well, dumped water on himself to wash the soap off. Once he was finished with this cycle, he got up and gently wrapped himself back into a burrito with the autumn colored towel before brushing his teeth and exiting the bathroom. 

After the de-stressing bath, he was able to think more clearly. Stuart walked into his half messy, half clean room and went to his closet. He began looking through clothes and neglecting most of them, throwing them on his floor. He wanted to have something special for his first day of seventh grade. "Why wouldn't I?" He said out-loud, rolling his charcoal black eyes. He finally found one! "Yay me!!!" He chirped. 

It was a coral hoodie with droopy rabbit ears he could fit his real rabbit ears in. It was special because well, it was a gift. But, not just any gift... It was a gift from Murdoc. He hugged it close and then set it on his bed. He rummaged through his drawers once again, searching for pants. The pants he had picked were jeans with tiny flower pins sewn into the thighs! Stuart was particulary happy about this find, just because they were cute. He sat them beside his boxers and carefully bent down and picked up one of his favorite pairs of socks. The socks were designed as if they were a calico cat's fur, Stuart favored these because it reminded him of an online friend! He considered the socks lucky because he would always have good or at least a decent day when he wore them. He swiftly put the clothes on and went to go look for accsessories. "What is an outfit without accsessories?" Stuart thought out-loud. He was quite the fashionista! Looking through the box of necklaces, rings, berets, and many more he stumbled upon something very important. He gasped when he saw the bracelets buried at the bottom of the pile, he couldn't believe he found them. "The friendship bracelets we made in 3rd grade!" He put the one with the little rabbit charm on his wrist and began playing with it but quickly stopped to go and pack his bag. 

Well, he already had his bag packed. He grabbed the bag and stuffed the bracelets in one of the side pockets and rushed to the bathroom. Whenever Stuart thought that Murdoc could possibly be in danger he always packed a first aid-kit, just incase. It hurt Stuart to see Murdoc in such a weak and vulnerable state. Stuart wondered if it made Murdoc feel lucky to have a best-friend like Stuart. He really, really wondered. 

After Stuart had finished packing and arranging everything in his bag, he decided that he would text the group chat. Stuart texted them saying he had a suprise for everyone but only Noodle and Russel responded to him. This made Stuart feel upset and anxious, he paced around the room for a bit until he decided to put his shoes on and go down-stairs. He decided that he should get something in his stomach before actually going to school. He skipped into the kitchen, seeing a soggy bowl of fruity cheerios. Even though he didn't exactly like his cereal to be soggy, he was still very greatful that his mother took time to make him breakfast. He ate the cereal quickly but then decided it wasn't worth eating. He gently set the bowl in the sink and went to retrieve his backpack. After finding it he quickly slipped the bag onto his shoulders and headed out the door.