Chapter 2

This chapter contains mentions of abuse and self-harm. ╰(‵□′)╯

Stuart nervously walked past the school enterance. He felt like he was going to pass out any moment, his stomach sunk as he turned around. He saw Murdoc, face-to-face. It was a little too close for comfort but Stuart gave a shy greeting and soft hug. Murdoc seemed fatigued and beat up, at least to Stuart. Murdoc gave in and collapsed on Stuarts shoulder. As soon as he seemed to be asleep he noticed Russel and Noodle staring. Stuart flashed a soft smile, while Noodle smirked at gave a snarky comment. "He really hasn't changed much, hm?" Stuart giggled, "Of course not, Murdoc doesn't change." Noodle and Russel started to head inside.

Stuart nudged Murdoc lightly to try and wake him up. It only took a bit of effort to get him to wake up, which was lucky on Stuart's part. "Mmm?" Murdoc mumbled, while gently pointing his ears toward Stuart. Stuart started to lead the half-asleep boy to the school's bathroom. Everyone was heading to their classes so the bathroom was sure to be empty, giving them just enough privacy. Stuart would usually be worried but since it was the first day, it didn't matter too much to him. Stuart gently carrassed Murdoc's cheek, "Hey, I need to get you bandaged up... okay?" Murdoc sleepily nodded along with what he said. Stuart gently lifted him up onto the marble counter, "Sit up, Mudz." Stuart was quick to pull off Murdoc's shirt without a warning, he wanted to check on the bruises from when he last saw him. Horror spread across his face, as he saw Murdoc's stomach. There was a handful bruises, along with dried blood. Murdoc hung his head low in shame, quietly trying not cry. Stuart hugged Murdoc as tight as he could, "Did he do all of this?" Stuart questioned. Murdoc nodded, letting tears roll down his cheek. Stuart gently hugged him, not wanting to further hurt him. He wiped his tears and pulled the first-aid kit out of his brightly colored backpack, it was lined with stuffed animal key-chains. Murdoc took notice and thought it was absolutely adorable. But he was quick to think about other things... He remembered about the 'marks' on his wrist from last night. But the thing is, these were inflicted by Murdoc himself and not his father. Murdoc seemed noticeably nervous but Stuart didn't want to pressure him into telling him what was wrong. "He's already been through enough," Stuart thought. Stuart wiped his torso down, getting the thick, dry blood off of his stomach and chest. Stuart patted his leg with the bandages he'd brung, Stuart wasn't allowed to put them on. Maybe it's because Stuart can barely even tie a knot.. or maybe it's because Murdoc didn't want Stuart to know about his self-harming issues. Matter of fact, he didn't want anyone to know.

Murdoc walked out of the bathroom, pulling his shirt down slightly. He turned the corner to see his close friend group waiting for him. Stuart seemed.. really happy? Murdoc guessed he was talking about his special interests or something he loved dearly. He had his hood down which reaveled his ears standing tall and tiny tail wagging. He seemed to be holding something out to Noodle and Russel, his backpack was un-zipped. Noodle and Russel paid close attention to whatever Stuart was showing them, both having the same excitement on their faces. "So.. What's going on?" Murdoc asked in a little sing-songy voice, zipping up Stuarts backpack while doing so. Stuart whipped around to Murdoc, holding something out in his hands. "Oh my god.. Is that really..?" Stuart revealed the bracelets, they were friendship bracelets.. from second year! Joy spread across Murdocs face, his long tail swaying as he stared. Stuart handed out the three bracelets, double checking who's was who's. "Lots of nostalgia.." Noodle muttered.

They all examined the bracelets closely before hearing the bell, unfortunately they had to split up they didn't have all of the same classes. Just before he walked away, Murdoc mouthed the words "Thank you." before heading off. Stuart stood there for a second examining Murdoc's figure and all the unique things about him, his brain took a screenshot. Murdoc's dull and shy personality but sweet spot for his friends is what attracted Stuart. Yes, attracted. He went back to examining the screenshot, and looked at Murdoc's backpack. He noticed Murdoc eyeing his own while they were in the bathroom and wanted to take a look at his. Stuart thought it was just adorable the Murdoc had a picture of what he would call "The gang" in his little see-through pocket. Then he looked at the cup holder and he noticed what was inside of it. A razor, a razor that had dried blood on it. Stuart had no idea what to think, he was scared, terrfied even. Murdoc never got that pissed off.