Five

John b slams the door stomping in the house.

"John b? What's wrong?"

"The gold, it's gone!" He shouts.

"What? How?!" I ask and all he does is nod his head.

"We need to get it back."

"Okay. Okay, we will."

I cover my hands with my face.
This is so stressful.

"Go to work. I'll figure something out." I look at him. "Are you sure?" He nods.

"Okay. Okay I'll ask if I can end my shift early." He nods

*

I have extra work to do because of the time Rafe came by. So that's nice..I guess.

"Ruby can you go check if everyone is good outside?"

"Yeah sure thing." I say then make my way outside to the back.

Did I mention how big this place is? I mean it's kinda like a mini restaurant. There's a couple of houses near this place like right across the beach. and we just go around asking people if they want drinks or if they are doing alright.

"Hey Routledge." I turn around and see Rafe on the Glissons backyard deck across from me.

"Hey Cameron." I tilt my head "Uh want a drink or something?" He laughs "nah nah I'm good."

I nod. "So like do you have the wrong house or something?" He shrugs "Wanna sit down?"

I think about it for a moment but then shrug my shoulders. "Sure why not." I say walking over to the chair. I need a break anyway and the only person I should be mad at is his dad. He isn't responsible for his dads actions. I have no right to be mad at him.

"Are you staying here?" I ask

"Yeah I mean I guess. Just..don't tell anyone." I tilt my head back in realization.

"Yeah they're out of town. Why aren't you with your family? Ya know like your sister Uh. Like uhm." I tilt my head trying to remember this girls name.

"Wheezie?"

"No not her. The blonde one ya know my brothers girlfriend or ex I'm not even sure anymore." I groan.

He laughs "Sarah, yeah her." He nods his head. "Aren't you guys friends?"

"Friends? God, no. We only talked once and that's when we met." He smiles.

"I bet she's got your brother wrapped around her finger." I open my mouth defend him but then I close it.

"Yeah." I look at him and smile. "You didn't answer my question."

"Which one? You ask a lot." I laugh "okay, ouch. Why aren't you with your family?"

"Oh that one. Yeah my dad kicked me out. It's whatever."

I wince sarcastically. "Ooo that must suck." He nods "yeah. Why did you come back to this horrible place."

I shrug. "I wanted to hang out with John b. I think he likes his friends more to be honest."

"Yeah, I understand. My family tells me nothing." I nod and let out a puff of air. "Same."

"Whats up with you anyway?" I ask him while he is spacing out.

"Oh you know just Sarah being the favorite in the family." I tilt my head. "She going to the Bahamas with my dad today for a business trip even though I know more business then she ever could."