The New Kid

Hi! welcome to my newest short story!! i was inspired by the Treasure mysterious class drama to write this! i just started it and i'm not sure if it's going anywhere but i figured i'd publish it anyways :)

" I just don't understand the concept of taking standardized tests, it's like they're purposefully setting me up to fail." Jihoon complained as he and junkyu walked down the hall towards their classroom.

"aish Jihoon how did you even make it into 11th grade?" junkyu teased as they entered the classroom being greeted by their classmates.

"junkyu-ah! Did you finish your literature paper?" junghwan asked very curiously.

"yes, obviously, it's due tomorrow."

"that's great, so...can you write mine?"

Junkyu sighed before he leaned forward and flicked junghwan on the forehead.

"you didn't do the paper So Junghwan!?"

Junghwan rubbed his forehead looking at junkyu.

"I was busy...I had a soccer match."

"for an entire week?" Jihoon chimed in raising his brow.

"yah Park Jihoon stay out of this!" junghwan scolded throwing an eraser at the boy.

"junghwan I'm not going to do your paper for you. You need to do your own work or your going to fall behind."

Junghwan sunk sown in his seat whining childishly.

"you still have all night, if you want some help facetime me and I'll walk you through it okay?"

"okayyyy, thank you junkyu-ah."

He nodded softly before he sat straight in his desk and pulled out his workbook knowing the bell would ring soon.

As the class settled down, the teacher walked in and began morning attendance.

Junkyu sat twirling a pen in his fingers and caught a glimpse of something outside the classroom door.

There was a boy he didn't recognize standing outside the door.

"who is that?" he said out loud to himself.

The boy looked through the window, his eyes scanning the inside of the classroom.

Junkyu figured he might be a new student and was a bit lost. He got out of his chair and walked over to the door.

"Kim Junkyu? Why are you out of your seat?" the teacher said.

"sorry seonsaengnim there's someone outside." He informed before he slid the door open and faced the unfamiliar face.

He smiled at the boy noticing he looked a little different in his features. Junkyu instantly thought he must be a foreign exchange student.

"hello, are you looking for your class?" he asked clearly.

The boy just kind of looked at him, his eyes scanning junkyu's face carefully.

Junkyu stood awkwardly.

"do you speak Korean?"

The boy looked around with a confused expression on his face.

"yah! Kim Junkyu! Stop messing around and sit back down." The teacher scolded.

Junkyu was confused.

"I'm sorry but I think he's lost." He said turning to the teacher who had come up to him.