New Friends

"why were you even vlogging in class in the first place?!" doyoung scolded junghwan.

"and with an i-pad? What are you 80 years old?" Jeongwoo teased.

"I thought I sensed a ghost!"

He earned a smack from doyoung and Hyunsuk.

"there is no such thing as ghosts. Stop trying to prove our school is haunted.

He rubbed his head and glared at the boys.

"seriously, what are we gonna do? The school day is almost over." Jaehyuk said glancing at the clock.

"class president, what's the plan?"

"well, unlike you idiots, I saved my half of the project on my computer so you're on your own." Doyoung scoffed before walking off to his desk.

"wow thank you Kim doyoung, very helpful." Jihoon scowled.

"look, we have to go to the dorms, we're gonna have to figure this out in the morning." Hyunsuk said pointing to the clock as it chimed its final bell.

The boys sighed frustrated before packing up their things and going back to their dormitories.

That night, as junkyu was coming back from the restroom, he felt a cold breeze up his spine. He slowly turned around, the feeling of eyes on him and peeled his eyes open sighing in relief when he saw Haruto.

"yah! Stop sneaking up on me!"

"sorry, I just. Thought you could use this." He said before pulling junghwan's i-pad out of his messenger bag.

Junkyu's eyes went wide and he smiled taking the i-pad from haruto's cold hands.

"oh my god! How did you...I mean, when did..."

"don't worry about it just consider it a favor."

Junkyu smiled.

"thank you so much Haruto, you're a life saver." He expressed graciously.

"ah it's nothing."

"well, what can I do to repay you? To return the favor?"

"um, let's talk about that later. I need to get going."

"oh okay! Good night Haruto!" he waved joyfully as the Japanese boy walked off down the hall.

Junkyu slipped into his dorm and went to bed.

The next morning, junkyu walked into class spotting his friends huddled up, anxious faces scribbled on them.

"yah! Where were you? We said 7 AM!" Yoshi scolded.

"aish relax."

"relax!? Junkyu, we have twenty minutes to get that i-pad back!" yedam yelled.

"or, did somebody already get it back?" junkyu said as he raised the i-pad out of his bag and set it on the table.

They all gasped in relief and smiled at junkyu.

"how did you get it back!? Did you get caught??" Jihoon asked.

"no, and I wasn't the one who got it."

"what? Then who was?" mashiho said.

"Haruto."

"huh? Who's Haruto?" Jaehyuk asked, a perplexed expression on his face.

"oh, you guys haven't met him yet? He's the new Japanese student, tall, dark hair, sharp eyes, always wears dark sweaters?"

They just blinked at him.

"you really haven't met him yet?"

"kyu, we haven't seen anyone like that."

"well, he's a bit shy, maybe he needs time to approach you guys."

They just nodded feeling curious about this new student.

Soon enough, the class started and they rushed to their desks.