2

It had been a couple of days and all the special infected were definitely mutated to their full abilities now. It made it harder killing off all of the special infected and commons and trying to help Kevin at the same time but we worked well as a team. We had seen a few tanks and witches but were able to advoid them by climbing over fences.

"How much longer til we get to the evac point?" I asked Kevin "should be there in a few hours depending how many zombies are between here and there" he answered.

We talked a bit but mostly focused on killing zombies that were showing up.
-timeskip zombie killing-

We made it to a large building when I looked at the roof there was smoker I shot at it a few times killing it leaving its cloud of smoke behind. We walked up to the building and started hearing a distant cry.

"Let's just be careful we need to find better weapons. Keep your flashlight off that pisses witches off" I told Kevin "yeah I know but dame that crying is creepy it sounds so similar to a human. Kinda sad. I'll look over here you can check out what's on the other side" Kevin said going into a room.

I turned around and started heading down the hall it lead to a small room with some pain pills. I grab them stuffing them in my bag. I left the room and looked around some more and eventually found a stairway. I walked up the steps the crying had started to get louder as I did but not close enough to be worried yet. I turned to the left and found another room with a desk that had an ak-47 and combat shotgun. I decided to leave the pump shotgun and pick up the combat gun for myself and the ak for Keith I attached the ak in the straps of my bag and got ready to leave the room.

Now that my attention was off the guns I realized that I could no longer hear the cry of the witch. Maybe it was a wandering witch and had walked off somewhere else.

Which is what I thought until I went back to the stairs and the witch was sitting in front of the way to leave. I thought about my options I could try breaking a window but that might startle the witch or bring nearby infected into the building. Crowning was also a option but If I messed up the shot and I do go down who knows how long it would be before Kevin shows up.

I decided to try and find any other way out that didn't involve alerting the witch. But before I could walk off the witch looked up and started to stand looking in my direction growling a bit. What the hell I'm not even that close. I moved backwards father away from the witch but it stayed standing and then took a few steps towards me.

"Uhm... yeah actually I happen to like my personal space so bye" I mumbled then ran to a nearby room and quickly closed the door and lean a chair under the knob. I didn't think that would do anything the witch was strong as hell but I didn't really have many other options. Nothing happened though I just stood there for a moment until I heard the witches scream. I jumped thinking it was gonna break the door down but it started getting farther away. I heard a gun shot and a yell I moved the chair and started running towards the sound finding the witch attacking Kevin.

I ran towards the witch shooting it a few times with my shotgun but it didn't stop attacking Kevin. In my panick I had gotten to close to the witch its elbow slammed into me causing the shotgun to fly out of my hands. I jumped on the witches back trying to strangle an already dead person "stop he's going to die" I screamed and then the witch stopped moving. For a second I thought it was because she killed Kevin but when I looked down he was still moving a bit heavily injured.