Metal Heart - Chapter 7

(This part contains illustrations made by me to make the reading and the experience more interesting 💕 then tell me what you think about it, without further ado, enjoy the new chapter!)
__________________

Freeze Man POV

It had been a few days since I had the date with Ice Man, everything went well although I didn't expect it to go VERY well apparently. I didn't think I would have the courage to spend time with him like this, joke around, eat ice cream together and talk despite the different creators.

I always looked at the ceiling when I started to remember my past and that battle in the city when one more enemy within Dr. Wily's army but now people hardly notice that we are still part of him and that he has found a way to still enter in the data of the latest Dr. Light robots like Tundra, after all the old man is not as dumb as Bass told.

However, I was worried about the theories that were spoken before and that this could affect Ice Man, something bad will happen to him or I will ruin my reputation in the face of everything I have done to achieve a closeness with him.

I lay back on my bed and narrowed my eyes thoughtfully at those negative thoughts and just shook my head to avoid each one of those thoughts. I placed the pillow on my head and sighed deeply, letting out a deep icy sigh that made my pillow stiff for a few moments and I closed my eyes looking for an outlet for all this unnecessary worry.

A few minutes passed when I felt someone open the door to my room and I froze in surprise and slowly moved the pillow off my head to see, seeing Shade Man looking at me from the door and sighing deeply with a frown.

"Hello Freeze.. am I bothering you?" He asked politely as he held the door open and I sat cross-legged on the bed and shook my head looking at him with a tired look.

"No, it's okay." I whispered as he nodded and walked into the room, softly closing the door behind him and walking towards me as he gently clasped his hands together.

"I just wanted to know how you were, we haven't had the time to talk lately since we got upgraded in the lab and all the work at the base.." he muttered as he looked at me with a narrowed gaze. "How are you?" he asked softly.

I looked to the side with a sigh as I scratched my cheek and ran my hands over the sheets."I'm fine.. just a little weird with all this buffing, but nothing to worry about. Don't worry bro." I said softly with a soft look.

Shade nodded as he looked at me silently and he sat on the edge of the bed as his wings closed and contracted against his body, he looked at the floor and then he looked at me with the same expression.

"You are not the only one who is like this, Freeze.. all of us here and most of us are confused as to what all this is about and what plan Dr. Wily has for us in the future. However, there is not much we can do or wonder about.. all the time of what happens or what will happen while we act weird and distracted all the time." Shade said as he crossed his arms with a frown. "I notice it in you, in Junk and in several robot Masters of this castle.. although I don't notice it, it worries me to see you in this way and not being the same as always." He murmured with a concerned look as I looked up with wide eyes at his words, taking the concern on his part by surprise.

"But why..?" I asked softly in great confusion but he just gave me a small smile and shrugged as he watched me. "Wily doesn't know that we too manage to have feelings like humans.." he murmured softly as I looked at him with wide eyes.

I looked down upon finding reason in his words, Shade Man's hand patted me on the shoulder that made me look up to see his calm face and he smiled at me as he showed his fang."Besides... we're family, right..?"